Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Signs: Signs: A Concurring Review
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hessian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear what your saying. I try to get a sence of what the movies all about before I see it as well, the trialer just peaks my intrest and promts furthure investigation. With this how ever I didn't (Dumb me.). I never went to the theater expecting an alien fest, but I did kinda expect some kinda alien plot from the trailer and pre release synopis. Hell, I geuss I just expected a plot period. lol. What you just said is kinda the point I was trying to make (obviousely not very well. Guess I'll wait till I'm sober next time.). The majority of the movie going public don't do this however, and get screwed into watching a peice of shit movie becuse of some cleaver pre-release marketing.
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:39 pm    Post subject: yes. Reply with quote

Or not so clever, much of the time.

People actually went to see Master of Disguise. A 65 minute long movie starring a comedian nobody cares about anymore, with a terribly unfunny trailer, terribly unfunny plot, even after it had been totally savaged in the press (even Peter Travers didn't like it), and a shot lead-in time for promotion.

But it was advertised on TV, so people went. Those people undoubtedly hated the movie, but whatever is advertised on TV next week, they'll go see regardless.

These people, sir, are retarded. I trust in the future, you won't be one of them.
Slyder
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the reasons I didn't go see Enough

Well, I must admit, the minute I saw the trailer, you had to be a mentally fucked up person if you didn't realize that it gave away the ending. Besides, it looked lame anyways, so I didn't go see it.

but I'm getting off-topic, lets go back

You can tell me that I've got no class, look around you and see who's laughing last - Rush
natasha_theobald
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't Master of Disguise rated G or PG? That is probably why it got some business. Good movie and "family film" don't usually go hand in hand. Those people just wanted to sit in air conditioning and nap while the kids were (maybe) entertained.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: