Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Collin Souter's Vanilla Sky review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the Grinch
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 7:20 pm    Post subject: Collin Souter's Vanilla Sky review Reply with quote

Great fuckin review man....you totally hit it on the head for me, Cruise's character is a kind of archetype in the male psyche...hence the madonna/whore/saviour references in the movie, even the short clip of Sean Connery as James Bond from Dr NO.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Collin Souter
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mighty thanks, Grinch. That sure came from out of nowhere. I love "Vanilla Sky." I've seen it 6 times (which is a lot for me these days) and I never get tired of watching it, especially the scene in which he has no idea who he's having sex with and he's freaking out. The way that scene is put together is masterful and it blows my mind every time.

I always appreciate people going back and reading older reviews. I almost reviewed that movie after I saw it the first time. Glad I hesitated. If you haven't heard the DVD comentary, give it a listen. Very informative and entertaining. I wish the rest of the DVD was as good.

SPOILERS WARNING FOR THE NEXT QUESTION...
If anybody out there can tell me what song is played at the very end when Cruise takes the leap, please let me know. It sounds like Radiohead, but I only saw 2 Radiohead songs credited.

Thanks again, Grinch.

Collin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: