Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A PETITION...Starsky & Hutch & Remakes & Sequels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Walter Simard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 6:07 pm    Post subject: A PETITION...Starsky & Hutch & Remakes & Sequels Reply with quote

As you may know Warner Bros. Studios have acquired the rights to the S&H story and there's a possibility of a remake or a sequel.

I ask of you, the original fans out there like myself to support a sequel consisting of the "real" cast only and not some cheap cash grab of a remake.

Until September 23, 2002 the petition will be posted at http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/petition.cgi?id=3984

Thank you. Cool

P.S. You can also post a message, create a link but most importantly you can Email the petition to all your friends in one easy step.
TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walt,

A. The guys from the original Starsky & Hutch are about Burt Reynolds' age. Other than maybe in a Naked Gun 4, why the hell would you want to see an old man playing action hero?

B. If the studios are planning to make a film, no amount of online petitions will be worth a wet fart. Sorry.

If your thread is indeed sincere (and I'm intermittently thinking it's a joke), my advice would simply be to avoid the flick.

Somehow I doubt a big-screen Starsky & Hutch will be a big moneymaker...

...but then again, I predicted that Scooby-Doo would bomb.
Walter Simard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheAngryJew wrote:
Walt,

...The guys from the original Starsky & Hutch are about Burt Reynolds' age. Other than maybe in a Naked Gun 4, why the hell would you want to see an old man playing action hero?...Somehow I doubt a big-screen Starsky & Hutch will be a big moneymaker...but then again, I predicted that Scooby-Doo would bomb.
PMG (Happy Jew) and DS (Happy Christian)are in their late 50's now. They're simply the 'real deal' that's why so many S&H fans would prefer only a sequel and the not a "Stinky & Crutch" remake with Ben(wanna-be Starsky)Stiller. http://www.upcomingmovies.com/starskyandhutch.html

Note, if you read the petition carefully I used the term "support" and not "prevent" or "stop". It's just a chance for S&H fans that want a sequel to express themselves. So in that spirit the petition is already a success even if WB pukes out a nostalgic "time-warp" piece of...at your local cinema next year. Cool

P.S. I'll refrain myself from commenting on "Scooby Doo" because everytime I do the Webmaster deletes my entire reply.

Last edited by Walter Simard on Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Walt.

You've convinced me that you're sincere, so I'll gladly sign your petition.

You better remember this when my "Release Popeye on DVD" petition rolls around. Laughing

(Yes, the one with Robin Williams.)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheAngryJew wrote:

You better remember this when my "Release Popeye on DVD" petition rolls around. Laughing

(Yes, the one with Robin Williams.)

Oh God, please don't Confused
Walter Simard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:57 pm    Post subject: Scott's Popeye Petition Reply with quote

TheAngryJew wrote:
...You've convinced me that you're sincere, so I'll gladly sign your petition. You better remember this when my "Release Popeye on DVD" petition rolls around. Laughing...
No need to worry Scott, I won't forget. I got to write this down to make sure that I remember, Owe Scott signature for his 'wet fart' Popeye petition. Wink Thanks.

"Hey partner, did you hear of Scott's Popeye petition?"... Wink
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: