Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Top 12 predictions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thumb the Toad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 8:24 am    Post subject: Top 12 predictions Reply with quote

1. Red Dragon, $55mil
2. Sweet Home Alabama, $12mil
3. The Tuxedo, $8mil
4. My Big Fat Greek Wedding, $7.5mil
5. Barbershop, $7mil
6. The Four Feathers, $6mil
7. The Banger Sisters, $5.5mil
8. One Hour Photo, $5mil
9. Signs, $3mil
10. Ballistic, $2mil
11. Jonah, $1.2mil
12. Trapped, $1mil
natasha_theobald
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think The Banger Sisters, The Four Feathers, and Signs are going to make more next weekend than they did last weekend? It sounds off to me. I think The Tuxedo will drop more and Sweet Home Alabama will drop way less. All the older women who didn't see it last weekend will go out, and that group probably doesn't get into Red Dragon. Just my thoughts.
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:35 pm    Post subject: Nah. Reply with quote

Red Dragon won't pull $55m. The idiot-filled "trailer good, must go" crowd already went to the movies this month and saw Sweet Home Alabama. RD hasn't been pushed like Hannibal was, so I'm saying $38m. Tops.

And if there's 100,000 morons in America that will pay ten bucks to see vegetables playing Jonah and the whale, I'm giving up on movies altogether.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, the whole SOTL franchise has got a respectable following at this point. Probably not 55 mil, but should do a solid 45.

What's this talking vegetables shit? WTF???
Thumb the Toad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:48 pm    Post subject: Whoops. Reply with quote

That was an accident, though it is possible. I don't plan to see Red Dragon in theaters (the guy who directed Rush Hour? Puh-leeze) and since the top movies last week got panned, some films in the back of the top 10 will probably get some attention instead (I plan to see Signs again) but I doubt they'll drop that badly.

Revised list:
1. Red Dragon, $40mil
2. My Big Fat Greek Wedding, $7.5mil
3. Barbershop, $7mil
4. Sweet Home Alabama, $6mil
5. The Tuxedo, $5.5mil
6. The Banger Sisters, $5mil
7. Four Feathers, $4.5mil
8. One Hour Photo, $3mil
9. Signs, $1.5mil
10. Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever, $1.3mil
11. Jonah: A Veggie Tales Movie, $1.1mil
12. Trapped, $1mil
Thumb the Toad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>>And if there's 100,000 morons in America that will pay ten bucks to see vegetables playing Jonah and the whale, I'm giving up on movies altogether.<<<
BWHAHAHA! Good one. The movie is only playing in 900 theaters, and even if it played in 1,000+ it'll bomb, unless if the idiot distributers think it'll pick up steam MBFGW-style, but the very few parents who want to distract their kids for a few hours might give it an OK opening. If it played in more theaters (and I'm suprised it's not going to be in more) like, say 2,500 screens, it might hit the middle of the Top 10, but will sink very, very quickly. I'll download this one off the internet for a lark and a negative review (at least I won't PAY for it).
>>What's this talking vegetables shit? WTF???<<
From what I gather, it's some silly bullshit TV show that has some mild sucess. I heard one DTV of it centered around POT HOLDERS (I'm not making this up.)
natasha_theobald
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the vegetables are supposed to be Christian vegetables, so count on the after-church, family values crowd.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha - "Christian Vegetables"? Those are two words that belong together.
Thumb the Toad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Christians and Veggietales:
http://christiananswers.net/spotlight/movies/2002/jonah.html
A 5/5 review. Jesus (no pun intended).
And if you check in their archives, you'll find that Schindler's List got an inferior rating. Now that chaffs my ass!
Kelly Palma
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay there's 5 movies on that list that I may actually see.
Red Dragon
Still have not seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Sweet Home Alabama
Signs
& One Hour Photo, the one that I most want to see will NEVER come to my area - why because I live in the Armpit -- no make that Ass Crack of America -- where people would rather go sit up a tree for hours on end in an attempt to shoot a deer. Hunting...I just don't get it.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Oz, you know your shit. Red Dragon only pulled 36.5 mil. Still, I have a feeling this will do pretty well in the long run.
SimonM5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 12:53 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

hehehe...vegetables re-enacting the bible. Sounds like a movie idea posed by a 5 year old while choking down that last slimy piece of brocolli
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: