Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sleepy hollow book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patchworkfrog

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:14 pm    Post subject: sleepy hollow book Reply with quote

hi this might seem like an odd questions but do any of you know whether the spell book that save Ichabod (Johney Depp) in sleepy hollow was made for the film or was already a publication? thanks guys
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, it's real alright. I think it was written by the same guy who wrote the Necronomicon in Evil Dead 2
Maegs
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no no. That guy, while responsible for most books seen in either Evil Dead film along with the spells depicted, did not write the spell book in Sleepy Hollow.

Most people think the spell book in Sleepy Hollow was written by Peter Guber and Michael Bay, but this is also incorrect. I am unable to tell you who wrote the first edition of that Spell Book (I've been asked not to tell) but the same person(s) is/are responsible for the books in such films as: The Craft, Carrie, and Hocus Pocus among many others.

Best of luck in locating a copy. My library here has one, maybe the one near you will as well.

-M

Last edited by Maegs on Fri Nov 15, 2002 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
sporkgirl
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i assumed y2mckay was being sarcatic. but the necromicon is an actual, pre-evil dead book. it's nothing like it's depicted in the evil dead series, apart from the name.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You assume correctly! in fact, you can usually assume that safely about most of my comments.
patchworkfrog

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 4:02 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Hi guys, cheers for all your help. However I am not getting any further to finding this book. Due to me living in quite a conservative area the local libraries do not stock what I am looking for nor anything remotely like it. And the sussex library database threw up absolutely nothing when I searched for 'A Compendium of Spells Charms and Devices of the Spirit World' which I think is the name of the book (after pausing Sleepy Hollow and trying to make out the letters!). So the only way I can search for it is via the internet and that just brings me back to sleepy Hollow. Although this is really irritating me I have now excepted that some things are just not to be. I'd just like to thank you all again for being eager to help me. Oh and if anyone has any more information, that's much appricated. Oh and if anyone wants to say anything but not share it with the whole message board then you can contact me at westernheadache@hotmail.com. Thanks guys.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: