Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> Video Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 Reply with quote

Any Saving Private Ryan or Band of Brothers fans should run out and get this. It's a pretty authentic recreation of an Airborne unit's advance through the French countryside after D-Day. The graphics are beautiful, the level designs are very well done, and the combat feels intense (they even have that grainy mud-splattered camera effect that we saw in PR and BOB). It really gives you a good impression of what it must have been like to fight the Nazis one farmhouse or village at a time. Thankfully, it's a lot more forgiving than real war (you can take half a dozen hits before dying, and any dead squad members get restored to life for the next mission). They do have something called "authentic mode" that you can unlock, though - bet that's a bitch to play.

Only downside - loooong load times between chapters. But the levels are huge and richly detailed, so it's worth it.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am finally nearing the end of this game - and it's a bitch! (War is hell, right? Very Happy ). Seriously though, the combat is intense. Although it occasionally pushes me into the red on my frustration-O-meter, the gameplay is truly exceptional. The level where you have to hold up in a cathedral and stave off hordes of Nazis by sniping from the bell tower is worth playing the game for alone, not to mention all of the other very well-designed levels. Shit, I feel like watching all ten hours of Band of Brothers after playing this game.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> Video Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: