Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It must be done!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Necronomicon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 9:32 pm    Post subject: It must be done! Reply with quote

Once I get an account, I will review some of the most well loved Warner Bros. shorts, and some bad ones.

Ones that will be reviewed:
What's Opera, Doc?-Fucking Awesome
Good Night Elmer-Sucks All Ass
Fast and Furry-ous-Fucking Awesome
One Froggy Evening-Fucking Awesome
The Hunting Trilogy-Fucking Awesome
Beep Beep-Worth A Look
Porkys Duck Hunt-Fucking Awesome
You Ought To Be In Pictures-Fucking Awesome
Bosko The Talking Ink Kid-Fucking Awesome
The Great Piggy-Bank Robbery-Fucking Awesome

And more! Give me some ideas on what review that is in the Looney Tunes collection.
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 12:40 am    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Ya know, I actually don't think that idea sucks.

Oz

- who reviews Twilight Zone episodes, so would have no grounds to argue even if he didn't think it was a fun idea.
Collin Souter
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe those in charge should start a seperate web site: TV Bitchslap.com. Seriously, I think that would be great. Very Happy Idea
I dare someone to review every single Tom & Jerry short (although that technically wouldn't be TV, would it?). I'm sure there's somebody on this site who can review every Star Trek episode. I'd like to request I do all the MST3K episodes or, better yet, The Sopranos.

But I don't have time, so don't hold me to this.

TVbitchslap.com! Can you see it? Can you see it?

CS
Maegs
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've asked for this before...but they are still ignoring me.

TV, now that's something I can get behind!

-M
although it would take some
moving of the entertainment center
Slyder
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How bout, every single X-Files episode?

I would do it

...Well, if I'm motivated enough

You can tell me that I've got no class, look around you and see who's laughing last - Rush
Necronomicon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 3:20 pm    Post subject: X-files, revised list, review Reply with quote

I'd do the X-Files too if I have the chance.

Oh yeah, and revised list of WB shorts:
What's Opera, Doc?-Fucking Awesome
Good Night Elmer-Sucks All Ass
Fast and Furry-ous-Fucking Awesome
One Froggy Evening-Fucking Awesome
The Hunting Trilogy-Fucking Awesome
Beep Beep-Worth A Look
Porkys Duck Hunt-Fucking Awesome
You Ought To Be In Pictures-Fucking Awesome
Bosko The Talking Ink Kid-Fucking Awesome
The Great Piggy-Bank Robbery-Fucking Awesome
Duck Dodgers and 24th and 1/2 Century-Fucking Awesome
War and Pieces-Just Average
Duck Amuck-Fucking Awesome

I finished my review of Fast and Furry-ous, but I'd like suggestions:

In the beginning

The first Road Runner short is also the best. No really, it is. I mean, you got the granddaddies to the basic chasing ideas that became legendary for both the Road Runner AND animation; but here in the most, well, epic sense.

OK, maybe epic is a little overcooked of a word, but really, all the gags here are classics and the most well-executed of any Road Runner short that comes to mind.

The plot is simple, of course (how can you fit a complex plot into an 7 minute short anyway?). It is about this coyote [Wile E. Coyote (who else?) AKA Carnivorous Vulgaris] who lives in a desert trying to catch a certain creature called the Road Runner (AKA Accelleratii Incredibus). He uses his own strength, a pot lid, a boomerang, a bogus sign, a semi-rocket, gravel, TNT, a super outfit, a fridge, an electric motor, a meat grinder, a pair of skis, jet propelled tennis shoes, and an axe to catch the little bugger.

So what's so cool about this short? Everything. The animation (by Peter Alvarado, A.C. Gamer, Robert Gribbroek, Ken Harris, Phil Monroe, Lloyd Vaughan, and Ben Washam) is excellent, with incredible designs (which are noticebly different and preferable to the designs in later Road Runner shorts) and some extremley solid backgrounds. It sure beats anything today! Even on my crappy worn-to-death VHS copy of The Classic Chase, it shines.

The background music, by the late animation composer extrodinare Carl Stalling, is excellent, as usual. He gives the short a hint of energy and is very retro-ish. Especially in the beginning credits, which is nearly up to Raymond Scott standards. Too bad there is no Carl Stalling CD out there.

The humor. Do I need to even explain it? It has all the positive elements in comedy, and then some. Not only that, but the humors aforementioned executions are awesome (getting hit by a bus, backfires, and what have you).

If you have any respect for cinema, you should see this short. If you are trying to find films that have their names in Cinema History, it is a must see. In the immortal lines of the Road Runner: Beep! Beep! 10/10
Fucking Awesome | The Necronomicon W.L.I.F.
Necronomicon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 3:29 pm    Post subject: Tom & Jerry Reply with quote

>>>I dare someone to review every single Tom & Jerry short (although that technically wouldn't be TV, would it?).<<<
That's what I'll do. And no, the original pre-1968 shorts were all theatrical, until Hanna-Barbera raped it and turned Tom & Jerry into friends.

Plus, the only ones I'll review are the pre-68 ones.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: