Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Oscar Picks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack Sommersby
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: My Oscar Picks Reply with quote

Picture: Will win ("The Hurt Locker") Should win: ("Inglourious Basterds")
Director: Will win (Bigelow) Should win (Bigelow)
Actor: Will win (Bridges) Should win (Bridges)
Actress: Will win (Bullock) Should win (Streep)
S. Actor: Will win (Waltz) Should win (Harrelson)
S. Actress: Will win (Mo'Nique) Should win: (Mo'Nique)
Screenplay (original): Will win ("Inglourious Basterds") Should win ("Inglourious Basterds")
Screenplay (adapted): Will win ("Up in the Air") Should win ("An Education")

------------------------------------

I initially predicted "Avatar" winning Best Picture, but scratch that, for "The Hurt Locker" will win Best Picture. Now, if Cameron were to win Best Director, then crowning his "Avatar" wouldn't give off the zenith-negative impression that it won simply because it's the biggest blockbuster of all-time. The director prize would give this some gravitas. But since Bigelow will win (and almost everyone who wins the DGA award wins the Oscar, as she has), then the only things "Avatar" will win aside from Best Picture will be a slew of technical awards, which are considered second-rate in importance in the eyes of most Oscar voters, thus crowning "Avatar" its top award without any other important awards will seem quite the empty gesture.

Who knows, though? It's not like I'll be watching the telecast, that's for damn sure. Besides, I'll get to see Bridges's acceptance speech on YouTube tomorrow, I'm sure.
Jack Sommersby
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa. There's a possible dark horse on the off-chance "The Hurt Locker" and "Avatar" wind up cancelling each other out: "Up in the Air"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: