Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Last "Good" Movie you didn't like? And why?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
That's Mr Shill to You

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Last "Good" Movie you didn't like? And why? Reply with quote

It was popular, well acted, and I still disliked I (Heart) Huckabees.
Maybe even hated.

[Spoilers]

It's mildly funny in the beginning and slighty quirky and unfortunately the funny fades and the quirky increases until it's just silly. It's so bad I actually like the "villian" more than the "hero".

The "good guy" thought poetry was going to save the marsh. Really? And maybe it's a bd idea to bring your retarded asshole buddy to important job meetings, just saying.

Most of the characters are infantile. The villains girl felt pressured to be pretty? Really? She makes commercials and apparently only works for them - how many hours does this take a week? I doubt they make one every single day so we're talking lots of free time here so really, what pressure? When she kissed the firefighter I basically gave up...it's just supposed to be strange...got it.

When the hero confessed what he did to the villian and I wanted Jude Law to rip his fucking throat out with his teeth.

The only good parts are on Youtube - search for "I hate Huckabees" - THOSE are funny. The rest of the movie is really all over the place.
Mr Blonde

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry Brown. Sells itself as an arthouse film, but snuff is more it's style. It is fun to see Michael Caine kill junkies for about 10 minutes, after that it's repetitve. There was also some messages about poverty, but they pretty much cancel themselves out since every poverty-stricken character is portrayed as a drug-sniffing hooligan.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: