Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Faces of Death - God Please Don't Eat the Puppy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss Horror

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Faces of Death - God Please Don't Eat the Puppy Reply with quote

Faces of Death

I watched Faces of Death 4, and Worst of Faces of Death about maybe 10 or 11 years ago. I remember being so traumatized, that I couldn't leave the house for 3 full days. I was so paranoid that I would either be involved in a terrible car accident, and mangled to bits, or stabbed with a screwdriver through the neck in the grocery line check out.

Well, after telling my son about these, he ordered them off Netflix. The day the disks arrived, I was nervous about even touching them! So we all gathered around the tv ready and willing to partake in the most gruesome, true to life tales that surround us. I pulled a blanket over my eyes, peeking through the folds trying to prepare myself.

Scene after scene, it became more apparent. What a crock o shit! Not only did most of them look fake, but half the time they never even showed anything! There is real footage of war time death scenes and crashes. But most of this stuff is staged. The monkey scene? Cauliflower and gelatin.

I cannot believe this stuff scared me back then! I must not have gotten out much. Then again, I wasn't exposed to the...what did we call it...Information Super Highway!

In closing, all I have to say is.....please let the Husky puppy scene be fake....

Pray
Jack Sommersby
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I remember, the original was about the only one that looked realistic. And I felt the same way after watching "Bloodsucking Freaks": like I needed a long hot shower to wash the nth-degree scum factor away (which, mind you, isn't necessarily a negative thing).
petersob
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once upon a time, one of the Faces of Death films played a midnight run at a local theater that was showing an award-winning Tom Hanks film during the mainstream hours. Inevitably, the marquee read

PHILADELPHIA

FACES OF DEATH

To make it even funnier and more tasteless, the theater was in a location generally referred to as "Boys Town". I took a photo just to prove that it wasn't a joke on my part but god only knows where it is
Miss Horror

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to check out Bloodsucking Freaks! And as far as the Philadelphia pic....you gotta find and post that!

My friend said she watched something called Traces of Death which is supposedly more believable than the other.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: