Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

X-Men : First Class

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donnawhite

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: X-Men : First Class Reply with quote

Anyone watched it yet??
Mr.Dark

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Oh yes.... Reply with quote

And I loved it! I'd read a review or two thought here and elsewhere and the and they often mention or hint at something they found less than thrilling that makes perfect sense to me - the last 10 minutes.

<SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!>
When Magneto goes "bad" and Mystique changes sides I've read that is seems to come out of the blue (ha!).

I: Erik
Erik lost his family, watched his mom get executed, and was tortured as a kid by Shaw. He wanted revenge. All this "suddenly turned evil" stuff - seriously? Here's a thought - Erik was a kid and was killing Shaw's network of contacts as an adult - he's probably been hunting him down for YEARS. You seriously think a little pep-talk from Charles was going to "reform" him? And considering what Shaw did and tried to do can we really blame Erik at all?

And look at Charles - solid family, insanely rich, good education, every luxury possible. How can Erik take Charles, who never really suffered a day in his pampered life, seriously? It's very, very easy to talk about forgiveness when you've never been wronged like Erik. Erik's mutation got him tortured by Shaw, Charles used his to pick up girls in bars.

II. Mystique
She was just like Rogue in the first movie - you want love, congratulations - everyone gets to have someone but you. Rogue got to lose Iceman to Kitty Pride. Mystique was more proactive.

First, she tried Xavier but he rejected her, although gently. Then she cuddles up onto him in a very intimate way and he never catches on or simply ignores her.

Second, she tried a relationship with Beast and all he did was talk about a cure for their physical deformities. And really he's like Charles: highly intelligent, emotionally stupid. And luckier than Hell. He might be made smarter by his mutation and his sole "defect" is...nothing. He wears a pair of specially made shoes and he blends in perfectly. What about Azazel or Mystique if she loses concentration - they are the ones with real problems! She tried romance with him and tells her she'll never be beautiful - and if you listen very carefully you can hear her heart break at that very moment. The Beast is an insensitive dick.

Then she climbs into Magnetos bed. She offered the hot young blond, she offered the (awesome cameo) supermodel hot older blond - and he didn't want her to pretend and she goes blue. Magneto is a sexy charismatic alpha warrior type - but even more importantly he completely accepts her as she really is and tells her not to be ashamed. Humans won't accept her, Hell at least 2 mutants won't either. And in that minute she falls in love with him.

Xavier doesn't fight her going with Magneto at the end because he realizes (via telepathy) she loves him.

Any thoughts?
Alisha2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I saw this movie few days ago. Really nice movie to watch. Thanks for the reviews.
incredible

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the best movie of the series.
ever123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really a nice movie to watch.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: