Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PLaying Games on a Laptop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> Video Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack Sommersby
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: PLaying Games on a Laptop Reply with quote

OK, I'm a compter illiterate here, so bear with me. I've purchased a new laptop and am interested in playing games on it. The thing is, I don't know where to begin. Are there games designed specifically for PCs or do I need to download some software to play games, and if so how do I go about doing just that.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as your laptop has the minimum or better system requirements on the game box, you should be able to play it. The only snag I can see is if the game requires some high-end video card that your laptop doesn't have - and it being a laptop, you can't just slap one into an empty AGP slot. What you get is pretty much what you get.
TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack, you're never going to get your Leisure Suit Larry floppy disks into that thing.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheAngryJew wrote:
Jack, you're never going to get your Leisure Suit Larry floppy disks into that thing.

Oh my god - thank you for that blast from the past. I haven't played that game in EONS.

Shit, most laptops don't even come with floppy drives anymore Smile
level80

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: video games Reply with quote

Yep but all new games come on CD or DVD these days. Even without a floppy drive you should be able to get the old floppy disk games to work by copying them to a clipdrive (or CD) on another machine. Well, it'd work for the games that were just programs to install it to the harddrive (which most of them were).
the Grinch
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheAngryJew wrote:

ooooh burn

You are the BURNMASTER!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
the Grinch
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're doing laptop, make sure you pump up the Video Ram...none of that integrated crap either, make sure it's standalone Vram, it's a bit extra, but worth it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jumbika

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: I can't print to the printer Reply with quote

Hello guys, I have a DSL connection using a Westell versalink model 327W modem/router which has an Ethernet cable running from this modem to a card on my desktop. I also have a laptop that accesses the internet wirelessly. My problem is that I can't print to the printer that is attached to my desktop PC from the laptop. Please help me. How can I print from my wireless laptop to the printer attached to my desktop computer?
StingChameleon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

playing game son a laptop is not as bad as it used to be. I play Halo on my MacBook and it looks great.
kav12

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: great Reply with quote

yeah that is a good sign playing games on laptop.
sofomy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i play mostly browser games like world of tanks or travian - they work fine on my laptop. real video games i never tried.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> Video Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: