Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Criticwatch 2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> Criticwatch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Criticwatch 2013 Reply with quote

PETER TRAVERS
(Rolling Stone)
Movie Reviews
(2002 Whore Ranking - #1)
(2003 Whore Ranking – The Peter Travers Whore of the Year Award Created!)
(2004 – 61 Quotes)
(2005 – 65 Quotes)
(2006 – 69 Quotes)
(2007 – 74 Quotes)
(2008 – 67 Quotes)
(2009 – 74 Quotes)
(2010 – 81 Quotes)
(2011 – 61 Quotes)
(2012 – 69 Quotes)
(2013 – 64 Quotes)

Travers has long been the Rolling Stone film critic, but wasn't always a shill. For a long time he was a respected writer, but over he last few years it's become more and more clear that he's just out to get Rolling Stone some free publicity. Just like sports bonuses for achievement. Think about it.

(Check out the 2011 Peter Travers Retrospective)
(Check out the 2012 Peter Travers Retrospective)

QUOTES
"Irresistible! The actors are world-class charmers, and the magnificent dame Maggie Smith is the diva divine." (Quartet)
"A hell of a thriller! Terrific and packed with surprises. ***1/2 It's full of twists and nail-biting suspense. Channing Tatum is stellar. Catherine Zeta-Jones is dynamite. Jude Law is sensationally good. You can't get it out of your head." (Side Effects)
"A hothouse of erotic tension that's primed to explode." (Stoker)
"A blast of music and joy that ignites with spirit and humor. Prepare to be wowed by Chris O'Dowd." (The Sapphires)
"Exhilarating. A fresh, funky jolt of filmmaking joy. Fills each frame with raw talent and exuberance." (Gimme the Loot)
"Unforgettable. It's the party game movie of the year." (Room 237)
"Redford builds a riveting, resonant political thriller that values the complexity of its characters and the intelligence of its audience." (The Company You Keep)
"A techno-thriller driven by genuine feeling." (Disconnect)
"A hell of a ride! Ryan Gosling, who teamed brilliantly with Writer-Director Derek Cianfrance on Blue Valentine, is spectacular. Bradley Cooper's ferocity and feeling pull you in. Ray Liotta plays with GoodFellas intensity. Pines sticks with you. Hold on tight." (The Place Beyond the Pines)
"Stirring and inspiring." (42)
"There is magic in Mud. Matthew McConaughey is magnificent." (Mud)
"To die for...A dazzling documentary." (Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf's)
"A heartfelt and deeply moving film...Penn Badgley is a revelation." (Greetings from Tim Buckley)
"Unmissable. Sarah Polley conquers the documentary form with this hypnotic and haunting look into her own family secrets." (Stories We Tell)
"The first summer movie that's crazy good. Spectacular" (Star Trek Into Darkness)
"Profanely funny...A glorious sight to see." (Frances Ha)
"Before Midnight is One of the Year's Best Movies. Full to the brim with humor, heartbreak, and ravishing romance, Richard Linklater directrs with Ardor and Artistry. Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy Shine Brilliantly. Heads up, Oscar, This One's a Keeper." (Before Midnight)
"The bust-out comedy of the summer! It's so good you'll think you hallucinated it." (This is the End)
"Sparks like a live wire! Emma Watson is sensational." (The Bling Ring)
"Exhilarating. Perfection!" (20 Feet from Stardom)
"Man of Steel soars high." (Man of Steel)
"Addictively exciting. Smart, scary and tension fueled. Everything you want in a blockbuster." (World War Z)
"Terence Stamp gives an award-caliber performance!" (Unfinished Song)
"An exultant farce! An irresistible campfest with a stinging political subtext. Almodovar's wildest comic ride since Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown." (I'm So Excited)
"*** 1/2 Bracingly fresh and funny. I loved every minute of it." (The Way Way Back)
"The best movie at the Sundance film festival. An unstoppable cinematic force." (Fruitvale Station)
"A gripping mindbender." (Blackfish)
"You will scream your head off." (The Conjuring)
"Want to see great acting, from comic to tragic and every electrifying stop in between? Then focus on Cate Blanchett in Blue Jasmine. Her triumphant performance is one for the time capsule. Alec Baldwin plays with all the conniving charm that he can muster. Sally Hawkins is the definition of wonderful. Andrew Dice Clay nails his role. Bobby Cannavale is ever superb. Louis C.K. is a tender, wicked surprise. Peter Sarsgaard is excellent. Michael Stuhlbarg is sleazed to perfection. Lacing laughs with emotional gravity, Woody Allen is working at the top of his game, sending out each laugh with a sting in its tail. Blue Jasmine is not to be missed." (Blue Jasmine)
"The director of District 9 has done it again. It sticks with you. Strap in for a wild ride." (Elysium)
"A breakthrough performance for Ashton Kutcher." (Jobs)
"A lyrical spellbinder. Affleck and Mara are vibrantly alive. Foster is brilliant." (Ain't Them Bodies Saints)
"Riveting." (Lee Daniels' The Butler)
"Sheer comic perfection!" (The World's End)
"Brie Larson is a revelation...One of the year's best performances. An exceptional film in every way." (Short Term 12)
"Prisoners is packed with twists you don't see coming. Jackman and Gyllenhaal burn with white-hot intensity." (Prisoners)
"Chris Hemsworth is revelatory. He nails every vulnerable nuance." (Rush)
"A full throttle expression of rock and roll anarchy" (Metallica Through the Never)
" An erotic comic whirlwind. A stellar writing and directing debut for Joseph Gordon-Levitt. You'll laugh like hell." (Don Jon)
"**** Gravity is more than a movie. It's some kind of miracle. Sandra bullock is a tour de force." (Gravity)
"A knockout of a movie filled with nerve-jangling tension, and surprises you don't see coming. It's one of the best movies of the year. Raw and riveting, Hanks hits a new career peak. What you need to do is see it." (Captain Phillips)
"**** A blistering, brilliant, straight-up classic. A game-changing movie event." (12 Years a Slave)
"Potent and provocative." (The Fifth Estate)
"A triumph. A thrilling, nail-biting, pulse-racing adventure at sea." (All is Lost)
Sex, lies, betrayal and murder - a hothouse of mystery and obsession. A dark beauty of a film that gets inside your head and stays there. Daniel Radcliffe delivers his best screen performance. "A star-is-born dane DeHaan is stellar, displaying a charm that is both seductive and cruel. A striking debut for director John Krokidas." (Kill Your Darlings)
"Johnny Knoxville is a comic anarchist." (Jackass Presents Bad Grandpa)
"Expect the unexpected." (The Counselor)
"Erotically-charged and emotionally daring. Sparks will fly." (Blue is the Warmest Color)
"The entire cast comes up aces." (Last Vegas)
"Matthew McCounaughey has found the role of his career! What he does here is transformative. His explosive, unerring portrayal defines what makes an actor great. Jared Leto is flat-out perfect. He gives an award-caliber performance of caustic wit and touchingly beleaguered grace. Deeply moving.. Jennifer Garner is a radiant actress of rare spirit and sensitivity. Deeply moving. A livewire of a movie." (Dallas Buyers Club)
"Striking. Tinged with humor and heartbreak. Emile Hirsch and Stephen Dorff are outstanding, engaged and enthralling. Hirsch opens his heart to the role. Dorff, matching the depth of feeling he showed in Sofia Coppola's Somewhere excels. Kris Kristofferson is sharply affecting. Dakota Fanning is lovely." (The Motel Life)
"Scary, suspenseful and shockingly intense. It's quite a spectacle, watching Lance Armstrong lie his ass off." (The Armstrong Lie)
"This is a movie to bring home and live with, to kick around in your head after it hits you in the heart. It's damn near perfect." (Nebraska)
"Spectacular in every sense of the word!" (The Hunger Games: Catching Fire)
"An astounding performance from Idris Elba. Naomie Harris is ferocious!" (Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom)
"The Coens make their own kind of music. Hilarious, heartfelt and irresistible. Note to the Academy: Give John Goodman the nomination you've owed him for decades. He's magnificent." (Inside Llewyn Davis)
"Magic." (Saving Mr. Banks)
"American Hustle is explosively entertaining. Electrifying performances from a top tier cast. Christian Bale is amazing. Amy Adams scores a knockout. Jeremy Renner is sensational. You watch American Hustle on a cinematic high. It gets you drunk on movies, on their heat, their heart, their hum. In this rollicking, emotionally raw hman drama, the filmmakers turn the toxic mess of life on the edge into an exhilarating gift." (American Hustle)
"It's comic, artful and visionary." (The Secret Life of Walter Mitty)
"Brilliant, beguiling, and original." (Her)
"A profoundly affecting film that haunts you long after it ends. Meryl Streep bites into the role like a juicy peach. Tracy Letts' tart, tasty dialogue rolls off her tongue with venomous glee." (August: Osage County)
"Fall-down funny." (Anchorman 2)
"**** Scorsese delivers another cinematic landmark. A bolt of brilliance. Lethally hilarious." (The Wolf of Wall Street)
"A powerhouse. Lone Survivor laces action with moral questions that haunt and provoke. Ben Foster, Emile Hirsch and Taylor Kitsch add to the impact." (Lone Survivor)

Hollywood Elsewhere 2/4/03 (Movie Poop Shoot)
"Does Peter Travers win the flat-footed medal for all eternity? Has he ever written a negative review, or even a mildly critic one? Have you ever seen an ad for the worst movie ever? It'll have a rave from ROLLING STONE, dollars to donuts. I just assume if he likes it and the rest of the quotes are from some AM radio guy in Tulsa, that the movie sucks."Post-Production Polly

"Peter Travers is a wash as a critic now, and probably for all time. Any time his name is within 4 font-size points of the film title, blink and move on."Los Angeles-based indie filmmaker

More bile about Travers
The Daily Ping - 2/3/02
The Simon - Peter Travers Gets Stoned

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:50 pm; edited 32 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: PETE HAMMOND Reply with quote

PETE HAMMOND
(Movieline)
(Pete's Dittmanesque Capsule Reviews)
(Pete's Rotten Tomatoes Listing)
(2005 Whore Ranking – #4)
(2006 - THE PETER TRAVERS WHORE OF THE YEAR!)
(2007 - THE MICHAEL MEDVED BAG OF DOUCHE MEMORIAL AWARD WINNER! w/ 88 Quotes)
(2008 - THE KEVIN THOMAS SLOPPY SECONDS AWARD WINNER!)
(2009 - THE PETER TRAVERS WHORE OF THE YEAR!)
(2010 - 43 Quotes)
(2011 - 44 Quotes)
(2012 - 29 Quotes)
(2013 - 31 Quotes)

PETE HAMMOND INTERVIEWED BY ROTTEN TOMATOES - TAKES SHOTS AT CRITICWATCH
Read it here

QUOTES
"A terrific thought-provoking thriller. Soderbergh at his best." (Side Effects)
"Evocative. A must-see." (Safe Haven)
"Sensational...dazzling...pure movie magic. A dazzling, thrilling and wonderfully entertaining brand new classic" (Oz: The Great & Powerful)
"Powerful and brilliantly acted. Tommy Lee Jones is remarkable as General Douglas MacArthur in a side of World War II that has remained hidden." (Emperor)
"First-rate direction by Antoine Fuqua makes this a must-see! Gerard Butler is an action superstar with guts and glory. A gripping edge-of-your-seat thriller." (Olympus Has Fallen)
"The new year's nicest and most welcome surprise. A funny, heartwarming, superbly acted film that makes you feel good about life. Don't miss it." (Starbuck)
"Extraordinary! Oblivion is jaw-dropping, exciting and the most visually stunning and innovative science-fiction thriller to hit the screen since Blade Runner and The Matrix. Tom Cruise delivers one of the best performances of his career. (Oblivion)
"There's never been a film like this. The 3-D is stunning" (The Great Gatsby)
"Extraordinary! Original! A magical and wondrous movie experience for everyone. A truly epic film that becomes the family event of the summer." (Epic)
"Pure summer movie magic! Sensational fun that outdoes Ocean's 11, 12 & 13." (Now You See Me)
"Absolutely wonderful! The Kings of Summer is a welcome gift for moviegoers, A true gem in a season of non-stop mayhem. Don't miss it!" (The Kings of Summer)
"A rocking good time at the movies." (20 Feet from Stardom)
"Loads of laughs and heart. Pixar does it again!" (Monsters University)
"Hilarious. A sizzling summer smash." (The Heat)
"Powerful!" (The Attack)
"One of the year's best films! A movie that grabs the heart." (The Way, Way Back)
"Compelling, surprising, unforgettable...A must-see!" (Copperhead)
"The best animated movie of the year." (Turbo)
"Red 2 is red hot! Watch out superheroes, this gang is where the real action is." (Red 2)
" Explosive. Washington & Wahlberg are at their very best." (2 Guns)
"Sensational. A must see." (Jobs)
"One of the best movies of this, or any, year." (Rush)
"Sensational...A must-see! A wonderful and unexpected movie. Funny, touching, different, revealing and simply terrific!" (Thanks for Sharing)
"A superb investigative piece that cracks the code of this mysterious man." (Salinger)
"A thrilling, exciting ride with a great premise and clever twist." (Escape Plan)
"Spectacular! Exceptionally smart, Ender's Game holds you in its grip throughout and doesn't let go." (Ender's Game)
"A must-see movie event. One of the funniest, freshest, most entertaining movies of the year! A dream once-in-a-lifetime cast." (Last Vegas)
"A terrific action thriller! Jason Statham is at his absolute best." (Homefront)
"Simply sensational. Magnificent! Easily one of the best pictures of the year." (Saving Mr. Banks)
"A fearless piece of American cinema." (American Hustle)
"Unforgettable, tense and inspiring. A singular true story of incredible courage when it counts the most. Brilliantly acted and directed." (Lone Survivor)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:53 pm; edited 21 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: SHAWN EDWARDS Reply with quote

SHAWN EDWARDS
(FOX-TV – Kansas City)
Shawn’s "Screening Room" Reviews
(2002 Whore Ranking – #7)
(2003 Whore Ranking – #4)
(2004 Whore Ranking – #5)
(2005 - THE KEVIN THOMAS SLOPPY SECONDS AWARD WINNER)
(2006 Whore Ranking – #3)
(2007 - THE PETER TRAVERS WHORE OF THE YEAR AWARD WINNER)
(2008 Whore Ranking – #4)
(2009 Whore Ranking – #4)
(2010 - THE PETER TRAVERS WHORE OF THE YEAR AWARD WINNER)
(2011 - THE PETER TRAVERS WHORE OF THE YEAR AWARD WINNER)
(2012 - Whore Ranking – #4)
(2013 - 19 Quotes)

QUOTES
"Moving and powerful! A new contemporary classic." (Luv)
"Spectacular. Thrilling." (Jack the Giant Slayer)
"You will laugh-out-loud." (The Incredible Burt Wonderstone)
"Riveting and super intense. Halle Berry is phenomenal." (The Call[b])
"A stunning, high-flying, super-charged blast of fun" ([b]G.I. Joe: Retaliation
)
"A must-see film." (42)
"Stunning! A groundbreaking, visionary and stylistic masterpiece. Baz Luhrmann has outdone himself." (The Great Gatsby)
"The funniest trilogy ever comes to a glorious end." (The Hangover Part III)
"The most exciting thriller of the year. A terrific heist movie." (Now You See Me)
"Brilliant. Intense." (After Earth)
"Jaw-dropping. Out of this world action." (Pacific Rim)
"****" (Turbo)
"Hilarious. Funnier than American Pie!" (The To-Do List)
"More exciting than The Hunger Games" (The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones)
"Fun! Fun! Fun! The perfect movie!" (One Direction: This is Us)
"A scary classic! James Wan is the new master of horror." (Insidious: Chapter 2)
"Most refreshing comedy of the year." (Don Jon)
"An instant classic! The crowd-pleaser of the year." (The Best Man Holiday)
"A slam-dunk. The most hilarious sequel ever." (Anchorman 2)

Compliments of Pitch.com

READ CHRIS PARRY’S
Great Moments In Junketeering #1: Shawn Edwards does Chronicles of Riddick

HEAR THE CLIP THAT GOT SHAWN FIRED FROM THE WALT BODINE SHOW
HE PLAYS THE RACE CARD AND LOSES
The Walt Bodine Show (June 30, 2006)
“Is it because I'm black?”

An anonymous source is calling for the removal of Shawn Edwards - check it on in our forum (Help Remove Shawn Edwards!)

**********SHAWN EGO ALERT**********
FROM THE COLUMN OF KANSAS CITY STAR’S HEARNE CHRISTOPHER (aka Shawn's Buttboy)
Shawn Edwards' Movie Awards
“The people who actually spend their money at the multiplexes get to vote. It’s not the critics groups that meet in a cave like Bin Laden and come up with all these choices that don’t match mainstream movie taste. We decided to let the people have their vote, because without them, Hollywood wouldn’t exist. Critics don’t drive Hollywood; people drive Hollywood.”

The Kansas City Star[/b]
“The quotes you read of mine, alongside Roger Ebert and all the top-notch critics, has totally helped my career as a film critic and my credibility,” Edwards says. It’s time someone took Edwards down a peg.

Help! Shawn Edwards Wants American Idol
Edwards Responds To Variety’s Timothy Gray
“Here's my deal. My job as a critic is to appreciate the whole spectrum of cinema. As a critic I'm allowed my opinion. I don't understand these guys. I think as a younger guy I have a wider appreciation for all types of film. I mean, everything is not going to be a ‘Citizen Kane.' But I've been quoted on two of the five movies nominated for best picture, too. So my taste can't be all that bad. I liked ‘White Chicks,' and that film did $75 million. I'm not ashamed. I also like ‘Million Dollar Baby' and ‘Ray.' But I don't like everything. I did not like ‘Sideways.'”

Edwards Quits KC Film Circle. Cites Jealousy On Members!
“They're not trying to support the totality of cinema and a diverse viewpoint,” Edwards says. “To me it's nothing but a big clique of film geeks — that's why I resigned. I'm not going to be a part of that. I don't need to be a part of a group that supports negativity.” “If they want to fire arrows at me, that's fine, but I think they're firing arrows out of jealousy and envy,” Edwards counters. “If I like a movie or don't like a movie, fine, who cares? Why are they so concerned over what my views are? I don't understand what's been done that's wrong. I mean movies and quotes go together like 7-Elevens and Slurpees.” The Film Snobs Respond To Edwards

And Edwards Responds Back
I give them credit, at least they're watching,” Edwards quips. “But obviously they didn't pay that close attention because we did a 10 worst (movies) last year and I didn't not like ‘Sideways,' I gave it a three (out of five).” (Editor’s Note: Upon review of the actual tape where Shawn reviews Sideways, he gives it a TWO out of five, NOT THREE!)

Compliments of Pitch.com

SEE A CLIP OF SHAWN EDWARDS (RIGHT HERE)
OR READ ABOUT HIS DRUNKEN ESCAPADE AT THE PITCH MUSIC AWARDS
OR THIS EMBARRASSING COLUMN

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:30 am; edited 13 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: JOEL AMOS Reply with quote

JOEL AMOS
(SheKnows.com / MovieFanatic.com)
(2010 - THE PETE HAMMOND SLOPPY SECONDS AWARD WINNER!)
(2011 - THE PETE HAMMOND SLOPPY SECONDS AWARD WINNER!)
(2012 - THE PETER TRAVERS QUOTE WHORE OF THE YEAR!)
(2013 - 12 Quotes)

QUOTES
"Gorgeous, lush and wildly romantic." (Beautiful Creatures)
"The perfect family film." (Escape from Planet Earth)
"Steve Carell makes movie magic." (The Incredible Burt Wonderstone)
"The scariest movie you will see this year. Guaranteed." (Evil Dead)
"Unlike anything you've ever seen." (Oblivion)
"Bad Boys on steroids." (Pain & Gain)
"Brilliant" (Iron Man 3)
"Action-packed." (2 Guns)
"One hell of a thrill ride." (Riddick)
"Brilliant." (The Counselor)
"Moving and magnificent." (Ender's Game)
"The perfect holiday gift." (About Time)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:27 am; edited 8 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: MARK S. ALLEN Reply with quote

MARK S. ALLEN
(KMAX-TV/UPN-TV (Sacramento))
Bio / Interviews / E-Mail
(2002 Whore Ranking - #11)
(2003 Whore Ranking – #7)
(2004 Whore Ranking – #6)
(2005 - 14 Quotes)
(2006 Whore Ranking - Runner-Up to the Top 10)

(2007 Whore Ranking – #6)
(2008 PETER TRAVERS WHORE OF THE YEAR)
(2009 - 11 Quotes)
(2010 Whore Ranking – #5)
(2011 Whore Ranking – #3)
(2012 Whore Ranking – #3)
(2013 - 11 Quotes)

He Called Soul Men "Perhaps the best buddy picture ever!”
Mark S. Allen – Don’t You Have A Soul?

QUOTES
"Superbly acted. Spellbinding!" (Beautiful Creatures)
"Intense! Halle Berry is amazing!" (The Call[b])
"Full of grit and edge." ([b]42
)
"An absolutely spellbinding, dazzling film that leaves you breathless." (The Great Gatsby)
"Brilliant. An epic adventure that will be watched for generations." (Star Trek Into Darkness)
"Bold, brilliant, beautiful!" (Monsters University)
"An instant classic" (The Lone Ranger)
"Don't miss this ride." (The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones)
"Epic" (Ender's Game)
"A masterpiece! Visually stunning! This movie will be watched and loved for generations!" (Frozen)
"Awesome." (Anchorman 2)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Fri May 23, 2014 7:05 am; edited 11 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: MARIA SALAS Reply with quote

MARIA SALAS
(Telemundo/Gems Television)
NBC6 - South Florida Today
(2005 – 9 Quotes)
(2006 Whore Ranking - #5)
(2007 – 8 Quotes)
(2008 – 1 Quote)
(2009 Whore Ranking – #6)
(2010 Whore Ranking – #8)
(2011 Whore Ranking – #9)
(2012 Whore Ranking – #5)
(2013 - 10 Quotes)

QUOTES
"Marlon Wayans is fantastically hilarious! Laugh out loud funny." (A Haunted House)
"A must-see thriller." (Side Effects)
"The first giant adventure of the year. A giant 3-D thrill ride" (Jack the Giant Slayer)
"Another must-see from Stephenie Meyer!" (The Host)
"Hilarious!" (Peeples)
"Outrageous. Wild" (The Hangover Part III)
"Exciting. Wall-to-wall action." (Pacific Rim) (Pacific Rim)
"The best action comedy of the year." (Red 2)
"****! Phenomenal." (Jobs)
"Vince Vaughn really delivers. The feel good movie of the year." (Delivery Man)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:53 am; edited 6 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: CINDY PEARLMAN Reply with quote

CINDY PEARLMAN
(Chicago Sun-Times)
(2009 - 2 Quotes)
(2010 - 1 Quote)
(2011 - 6 Quotes)
(2012 - Quote Whore Ranking #10)
(2013 - 8 Quotes)

QUOTES
"An instant classic!" (Gangster Squad)
"Exciting! Romantic!" (Beautiful Creatures)
"The first great comedy of the year. An instant classic. Nonstop funny" (The Incredible Burt Wonderstone)
"An all-American classic. Harrison Ford is at his finest." (42)
"An instant classic. Leonardo DiCaprio has never been better." (The Great Gatsby)
" An epic ending" (The Hangover Part III)
"Epic and thrilling. This Superman soars above the rest." (Man of Steel)
"Big summer action fun" (Pacific Rim)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:11 am; edited 5 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: JAKE HAMILTON Reply with quote

JAKE HAMILTON
(KHOU-TV)
(2009 - 10 Quotes)
(2010 - 8 Quotes)
(2011 - 12 Quotes)
(2012 - 11 Quotes)
(2013 - 15 Quotes)

QUOTES
"The first truly great film of the year. Gripping and unpredictable!" (Side Effects)
"The best of the best is back!" (A Good Day to Die Hard)
"A masterpiece in every way! Not just the best picture so far this year, it's guaranteed to be one of the best pictures of 2013-period. Furiously tense, piercingly nerve-shredding and exquisitely intelligent." (The Place Beyond the Pines)
"Will shred your nerves...Electrifying" (The Call)
"Has the magic wonder of How to Train Your Dragon" (The Croods)
"A non-stop thrill ride. Must be seen on the big screen" (Olympus Has Fallen)
"A new masterpiece of terror." (Evil Dead)
"Will make you believe in heroes again. It’s not just a movie about baseball, it’s a movie about an American legend." (42)
"Prepare to be amazed" (Pain & Gain)
"Undeniably original, unbelievably beautiful and unbearably sexy. This summer belongs to Gatsby" (The Great Gatsby)
"Epic, powerful and stunning. Will and Jaden Smith are an astonishing on-screen team. (After Earth)
"Prepare to be amazed. An epic masterpiece. Awe-inspiring Not just the best film of the summer, one of the best films of the year." (Man of Steel)
"One of the scariest films of all time." (The Conjuring)
"Hilarious." (We're the Millers)
"A nerve-shredding thriller with an ending that will leave you breathless." (The Counselor)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:34 pm; edited 7 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: JEFFREY LYONS Reply with quote

JEFFREY LYONS
(WNBC-TV)
Bio
(2002 Whore Ranking - #4)
(2003 Whore Ranking – #5)
(2004 Whore Ranking – #9)
(2005 Whore Ranking – #3)
(2006 - THE KEVIN THOMAS SLOPPY SECONDS AWARD WINNER)
(2007 Whore Ranking – #4)
(2008 Whore Ranking – #10)
(2009 Whore Ranking – #3)
(2010 - 18 Quotes)
(2011 - 20 Quotes)
(2012 - PETE HAMMOND SLOPPY SECONDS AWARD WINNER)
(2013 - 9 Quotes)

QUOTES
"A delight for the family and fans of adventure." (Jack the Giant Slayer)
"Very funny and poignant." (Mental)
"A masterpiece" (Blancanieves)
"Renoir is a masterpiece come to life!" (Renoir)
"A complex, intelligent, and absorbing political thriller." (The Reluctant Fundamentalist)
"Amazing!" (Nicky's Family)
"Slick, savvy, with a top drawer cast." (Paranoia)
"A very compelling drama relevant to today's headlines with superb, powerful performances." (Torn)
"An acting tour-de-force for Paul Walker in an unforgettable film." (Hours)

Hollywood Elsewhere 2/4/03 (Movie Poop Shoot)
"Jeffrey Lyons has the most bizarre taste in the business, but is utterly sincere." -- New York magazine editor

"Jeffrey Lyons…I never trust in the flat-footed, flaccid category.”Los Angeles-based columnist and freelancer.

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:46 am; edited 5 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: KEVIN MCCARTHY Reply with quote

KEVIN MCCARTHY
(WJFK-FM (CBS Radio))
(2007 - 1 Quote)
(2008 - 1 Quote)
(2010 - 3 Quotes)
(2011 - 6 Quotes)
(2012 - 4 Quotes)
(2013 - 7 Quotes)

QUOTES
"The perfect date movie." (Warm Bodies)
"Epic! Intense! That will leave you cheering! Action-packed!" (Olympus Has Fallen)
"A masterpiece" (The Great Gatsby)
"Hilarious" (The Hangover Part III)
"Hilarious with a ton of heart." (The Internship)
"A visual and epic masterpiece." (Man of Steel)
"The game changing film of our generation." (Gravity)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: GREG RUSSELL Reply with quote

GREG RUSSELL
(WB-TV)
Flix & Pix TV Website
(2004 Whore Ranking – #3)
(2005 - 8 Quotes)
(2006 - 6 Quotes)
(2007 - 14 Quotes)
(2008 - 4 Quotes)
(2009 Whore Ranking – #10)
(2010 Whore Ranking – #6)
(2011 – 4 Quotes)
(2012 Whore Ranking – #9)
(2013 - 10 Quotes)

QUOTES
"A gritty, sexy thriller!" (Gangster Squad)
"Frightening" (The Call[b])
"A grand slam hit." ([b]42
)
"Original. Surprising." (Pain & Gain)
"A lot of action, a lot of laughs and a lot of fun!" (Red 2)
"The magical thrill ride of the summer!" (Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters)
"Funniest film of the summer." (We're the Millers)
"Scary as ever!" (Carrie)
"Stunning." (The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug)
"Double fisted comedy." (Grudge Match)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: TONY TOSCANO Reply with quote

TONY TOSCANO
(KJZZ-TV/Talking Pictures)
Talking Pictures (Home Page)
Bio(Home Page)
Movie Reviews (Rotten Tomatoes)

(2002 Whore Ranking - One to Watch in 2003)
(2003 Whore Ranking � #12)
(2004 - 15 Quotes)
(2005 - 6 Quotes)
(2006 - 8 Quotes)
(2007 - 4 Quotes)
(2008 - 2 Quotes)
(2009 - 2 Quotes)
(2010 - 5 Quotes)
(2011 - 3 Quotes)
(2012 - 4 Quotes)
(2013 - 6 Quotes)

QUOTES
"A nitro-charged adrenaline rush." (Bullet to the Head)
"Brings comedy back from the dead." (Warm Bodies)
"Not since Fatal Attraction has there been a thriller so full of surprises." (Side Effects)
"A magical movie." (Beautiful Creatures)
"Best Iron Man ever" (Iron Man 3)
"Thrilling." (Ender's Game)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: BILL BREGOLI Reply with quote

BILL BREGOLI
(Westwood One Radio Networks / CBS Radio)
(2003 – 13 Quotes)
(2004 – 6 Quotes)
(2005 – Whore Ranking #6)
(2006 – 9 Quotes)
(2007 – THE KEVIN THOMAS SLOPPY SECONDS AWARD WINNER)
(2008 – 8 Quotes)
(2009 – 3 Quotes)
(2010 – 0 Quotes)
(2011 – 5 Quotes)
(2012 – 1 Quote)
(2013 - 5 Quotes)

QUOTES
"An animated Avatar" (The Croods)
"An exciting original eye-popping adventure." (Epic)
"Don't see it alone." (The Conjuring)
"Taken meets Drive." (Getaway)
"Memorable and moving. A timeless story brilliantly told." (The Book Thief)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: JEFF CRAIG Reply with quote

JEFF CRAIG
(Sixty Second Preview)
(2003 - 7 Quotes)
(2007 - 13 Quotes)
(2008 - 10 Quotes)
(2009 Whore Ranking � #5)
(2010 Whore Ranking � #10)
(2011 Whore Ranking � #4)
(2012 Whore Ranking � #8)
(2013 - 5 Quotes)

QUOTES
"A sexy, cool comedy." (Warm Bodies)
"A perfect love story!" (Beautiful Creatures)
"Prepare to be wowed" (Oz: The Great & Powerful)
"A scorching thriller. A knockout. Suspenseful, sexy and Wickedly cool." (The Counselor)
(1) "Riveting. Explosive. Exhilarating. Totally intense." (2) James Franco is perfectly sinister. Riveting and intense...It's a knockout action thriller! (Homefront)

READ ABOUT JEFF CRAIG IN TIME MAGAZINE
Attack of the Blurbmeisters

*** - This is the only known photo of Jeff Craig. Because no evidence of him exists so we made it up. Feels appropriate.

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:15 am    Post subject: MOSE PERSICO Reply with quote

MOSE PERSICO
(CFCF-TQS, Canada/Entertainment Spotlight)
(2002 Whore Ranking - Unranked)
(2003 Whore Ranking – #11)
(2004 Whore Ranking – #4)
(2005 – 10 Quotes)
(2006 – 6 Quotes)
(2007 – 7 Quotes)
(2008 – 6 Quotes)
(2009 – 4 Quotes)
(2010 – 5 Quotes)
(2011 – 5 Quotes)
(2012 – 5 Quotes)
(2013 – 3 Quotes)

QUOTES
"The mother of all 3-D movies." (G.I. Joe: Retaliation)
"Mesmerizing." (Now You See Me)
"More fun & laughs than the original." (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2)

BELIEVE IT OR NOT – MOSE HAS (OR HAD) A FAN CLUB!
(Mose Persico Official Fan Club) (E-mail them at WeLoveMose@yahoo.com)

SEE A CLIP OF MOSE PERSICO (RIGHT HERE)
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: NANCY JAY Reply with quote

NANCY JAY
(Daybreak USA)
(2009 - 1 Quote)
(2010 - 1 Quote)
(2011 - 1 Quote)
(2012 - 2 Quotes)
(2013 - 8 Quotes)

QUOTES
"The first summer blockbuster has arrived. An absolute blast" (Olympus Has Fallen)
"Epic fun" (The Lone Ranger)
"Scary fun." (The Conjuring)
"Non-stop fantasy action." (Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters)
"Filmmaking will never be the same." (Gravity)
"More thrilling and powerful than the first." (The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug)
"Anchorman 2 delivers." (Anchorman 2)
"Stellar cast. Legendary matchup. Sensational. A blast. Packs a punch." (Grudge Match)
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: AVI OFFER Reply with quote

AVI OFFER
(The NYC Movie Guru)
(2007 - 8 Quotes)
(2008 - 6 Quotes)
(2009 - Whore Ranking #8)
(2010 - Whore Ranking #9)
(2011 - 2 Quotes)
(2012 - 8 Quotes)
(2013 - 10 Quotes)

QUOTES
"Chilling. Scary. A smart and scary thriller. Unpredictable with an ending that's unforgettable." (Dark Skies)
"Dazzling. Eye-popping. Stunning. Breathtaking." (Upside Down)
"A slice of comedy heaven." (Mental)
"The most terrifying and crowd-pleasing horror film in years." (Evil Dead)
"One of the best crime thrillers in years! Breathtaking! Exhilarating! A pure rush of adrenaline!" (The Prey)
"Close Encounters of the Third Kind meets The Blair Witch Project. Hair-raising, chilling and riveting. It will scare the living daylights out of you." (Absence)
Warm, tender & heartfelt." (Just Like a Woman)
"Extraordinary. Illuminating, sensational." (Linsanity)
"Riveting. Suspenseful. The best action movie of the year." (Escape Plan)
"A pure adrenaline rush." (Homefront)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: KEVIN STEINCROSS Reply with quote

KEVIN STEINCROSS
(KTVI-TV (Fox) / Kevin's Blog)
(2007 - 5 Quotes)
(2008 - 3 Quotes)
(2009 - 3 Quotes)
(2010 - 5 Quotes)
(2011 - 6 Quotes)
(2012 - 3 Quotes)
(2013 - 5 Quotes)

QUOTES
"The greatest zombie love story ever told." (Warm Bodies)
"Heart-pounding." (The Call[b])
"The best picture so far this year! Magnificent! Knock-out performances by Ryan Gosling and Bradley Cooper." ([b]The Place Beyond the Pines
)
"Big" (Pacific Rim)
"The most fun you'll have at the movies this holiday." (Frozen
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: JIM FERGUSON Reply with quote

JIM FERGUSON
(FOX-TV/ KMSB-TV)
(2002 Whore Ranking - One to Watch in 2003
(2003 Whore Ranking - #8)
(2004 KEVIN THOMAS SLOPPY SECONDS AWARD WINNER!)
(2005 - 12 Quotes)
(2006 Whore Ranking - #6)
(2007 Whore Ranking - #5)
(2008 Whore Ranking - #3)
(2009 - 11 Quotes)
(2010 - 9 Quotes)
(2011 - 4 Quotes)
(2012 - 2 Quotes)
(2013 - 2 Quotes)

(Ferguson wins the 2011 Bag O'Douche Award)

QUOTES
"An unbelievable visual experience." (Ender's Game)
"Sensational. Smaug is an instant legend." (The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug)

Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: SCOTT CARTY Reply with quote

SCOTT CARTY
(NBC-TV / ABC-TV / Komo-TV)
(2013 - 2 Quotes)

QUOTES
"Amazing." (Pacific Rim)
"My favorite surprise of the year!" (Delivery Man) - Scott Carty, KOMO-TV

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: MIKE SARGENT Reply with quote

MIKE SARGENT
(WBAI Radio / Niteshift)
Niteshift Radio (with Mike Sargent)
(2003 - 9 Quotes)
(2004 � 3 Quotes)
(2005 - 4 Quotes)
(2007 - 6 Quotes)
(2008 - 3 Quotes)
(2009 - 4 Quotes)
(2010 - 8 Quotes)
(2011 - 5 Quotes)
(2012 - 2 Quotes)
(2013 - 3 Quotes)

QUOTES
"Spectacular...Packs more entertainment in two hours than any three films you'll see this summer." (White House Down)
"Pure entertainment with Stallone and Schwarzenegger, the two best action heroes of all time! A true team up of the best action heroes of all time! This is the film Stallone Schwarzenegger fans have been waiting for!" (Escape Plan)
"Magical. Hands down the best animated film of the year. Endlessly clever; effortlessly charming, don't miss it" (Frozen)
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: MANNY DELA ROSA Reply with quote

MANNY "THE MOVIE GUY" DELA ROSA
(NBC-TV / CW/San Francisco)
(2008 - One To Watch in 2009!)
(2009 - 2 Quotes!)
(2010 - 0 Quotes!)
(2011 - 6 Quotes!)
(2012 - 2 Quotes!)
(2013 - 5 Quotes)

QUOTES
"Beautiful Creatures will leave you spellbound." (Beautiful Creatures)
"Thrilling. Wildly entertaining! Full of romance and thrills!" (The Host)
"Wildly entertaining." (Now You See Me)
"Wildly unpredictable. Jason Statham's best yet!" (Homefront)
"Enchanting. Heartfelt." (Saving Mr. Banks)
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: KELLI GILLESPIE Reply with quote

KELLI GILLESPIE
(XETV-TV San Diego)
(2007 - 4 Quotes)
(2008 - 2 Quotes)
(2009 - 4 Quotes)
(2010 - 4 Quotes)
(2011 - 2 Quotes)
(2012 - 0 Quotes)
(2013 - 1 Quote)

QUOTES
"Heart-pounding." (Olympus Has Fallen)
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: DEBBIE LYNN ELIAS Reply with quote

DEBBIE LYNN ELIAS
(Culver City Observer)
(2012 - 3 Quotes)
(2013 - 5 Quotes)

QUOTES
"Arnold is back with a vengeance!" (The Last Stand)
"Stunning! The best romance since The Notebook." (Safe Haven)
"Jane Lynch is monstrously funny." (Escape from Planet Earth)
"A taut, tense thriller." (Paranoia)
"Heart pounding action." (Homefront)
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: PAUL SALFEN Reply with quote

[img]http://www.efilmcritic.com/images/users/198/PaulSalfen[/img]
PAUL SALFEN
(Fox Sports Dallas / Inside Entertainment)
(2013 - 1 Quote)

QUOTES
"The funniest movie you'll see this summer." (The Heat)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> Criticwatch All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: