Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Criticwatch 2012
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> Criticwatch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Criticwatch 2012 Reply with quote

PETER TRAVERS
(Rolling Stone)
Movie Reviews
(2002 Whore Ranking - #1)
(2003 Whore Ranking – The Peter Travers Whore of the Year Award Created!)
(2004 – 61 Quotes)
(2005 – 65 Quotes)
(2006 – 69 Quotes)
(2007 – 74 Quotes)
(2008 – 67 Quotes)
(2009 – 74 Quotes)
(2010 – 81 Quotes)
(2011 – 61 Quotes)
(2012 – 69 Quotes)

Travers has long been the Rolling Stone film critic, but wasn't always a shill. For a long time he was a respected writer, but over he last few years it's become more and more clear that he's just out to get Rolling Stone some free publicity. Just like sports bonuses for achievement. Think about it.

(Check out the 2011 Peter Travers Retrospective)

QUOTES
Haywire - Haywire kicks off the new year with a sexy action high.
Miss Bala - Hypnotic and haunting.
The Grey - Terrifically exciting. Liam Neeson is tremendous. Hold on tight.
Being Flynn - Undeniably powerful! Robert DeNiro gives a great performance! Echoes his roles in Taxi Driver and Awakenings. Paul Dano excels. Julianne Moore is ever-superb.
Salmon Fishing in the Yemen - McGregor and Blunt have charm to spare and in the Dead Sea of Hollywood formula, their film is a distinct delight, brimming over with spirit and surprise.
21 Jump Street - Laugh all you want...It's a blast
Jeff Who Lives At Home - Segel, Helms and Sarandon are beyond wonderful.
Detachment - Mesmerizing...Kaye is an enormous talent. Detachment gets to you. It hits hard.
Friends with Kids - ***1/2 Indelibly funny...the cast could not be better.
The Hunger Games - We have a winner! The Hunger Games has epic spectacle, yearning romance and suspense that won't quit!
The Deep Blue Sea - Rachel Weisz is incandescent.
Bully - Potent and provocative.
Damsels In Distress - An exhilarating gift of a comedy! To luxuriate that retro bubble of sparkling wit is a pleasure not to be missed!
The Cabin in the Woods - Fiendishly funny and hellishly scary! Wicked, twisted fun!
The Moth Diaries - Mary Harron keeps the film bristling with suspense and erotic tension.
Bernie - Never fails to fascinate. A one-of-a-kind inspiration. Jack Black delivers an award-caliber performance.
The Avengers - Super smart, super cool triumph. A blockbuster that will blow away all your senses!
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - A buoyant comedy laced with genuine emotion.
The Dictator - Leaves you laughing helplessly. It starts out outrageous and rockets on from there.
Moonrise Kingdom - Hilarious and heartfelt! An enchanted ride of a movie. A dream cast. Writer/Director Wes Anderson links the everyday and the extraordinary with virtuosos artistry. Moonrise Kingdom reminds us how to be alive.
Snow White and the Huntsman - A visual marvel
Prometheus - An enveloping amazement. Kicks ass so hard and often it's impossible not to be thrilled by it.
Rock of Ages - Tom Cruise is phenomenal. Smashing.
Your Sister's Sister - A winning proposition. A tender, deeply satisfying romantic comedy. You can't stop thinking about it. Emily Blunt and Rosemarie Dewitt are dynamite. Mark Duplass is remarkable.
Safety Not Guaranteed - Sometimes a movie comes out of nowhere and wins you over. Safety Not Guaranteed is that kind of unexpected gift.
Brave - Visual magic. Pixar has outdone itself!
To Rome With Love - To Rome With Love has pleasures galore.
Ted - Hysterically, gut-bustingly funny.
Beasts of the Southern Wild - ****. A game-changer that gets you excited about movies again.
Neil Young Journeys - Soak it up! Journeys is essential Neil Young. It yields fresh revelations of a remarkable life.
The Dark Knight Rises - The sheer scope of Christopher Nolan's vision is staggering.
Killer Joe - Matthew McConaughey mesmerizes! Fierce and ferociously funny! - Emile Hirsch excels!
Celeste and Jesse Forever - Rashida Jones is simply glorious. Andy Samberg shines in a grounded performance that digs deep, sharply funny and touching, a breath of fresh comic air!
Hope Springs - Hilarious and heartfelt
The Campaign - Ferrell and Galifianakis will crack you up - guaranteed.
Searching for Sugar Man - An astonishing story! Fresh and unexpected! Let this movie work its way into your mind and heart.
Robot & Frank - Frank Langella is a stellar actor at his magnificent best.
Paranorman - There's magic in Paranorman!
Compliance - Indispensable filmmaking. Hang on. You're in for a bumpy ride.
Cosmopolis - A mesmerizing mind-bender.
Side by Side - ***1/2! No true movie junkie is going to want to miss it.
Lawless - A solid outlaw adventure.
Arbitrage - ***1/2 A juicy, jolting financial thriller. An Oscar-caliber Richard Gere firing on all cylinders.
The Master - **** The best movie I've seen all year! A new American classic!
Looper - Groundbreaking
Frankenweenie - Dazzling. A knock-out!
Argo - A ferociously exciting thriller.
Seven Psychopaths - Crazy, killer fun!
Smashed - Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Aaron Paul are dynamite! smashed joins the ranks of the winners. Winstead is a revelation.
The Sessions - John Hawkes and Helen Hunt give award-caliber performances that turn The Sessions into a unique film that brims over with humor and heartbreak. An exhilarating gift of a movie. Funny, touching and vital. Hawkes does the kind of acting that awards were invented for. (Rolling Stone)
Holy Motors - ***1/2! It's a thing of beauty.
Wreck-It Ralph - Hilarious. Imaginative.
Flight - Washington's performance will be talked about for years. Flight is Zemeckis at his most emotionally open and thematically provocative.
Lincoln - A great American movie. Spielberg, Kushner and Day-Lewis dare greatly in giving us this complex, conflicted portrait of a great American leader. Hail to daniel Day-Lewis who plays Lincoln with immersive, indelible power of an actor who wears his role like a second skin. It's a hell of a thing, this Lincoln. A tour de force for Sally Field. Tommy Lee Jones is asimply sensational, bitingly funny and fearlessly blunt.
Skyfall - Bond like you've never seen him before. In a word: Wow.
Anna Karenina - Let Anna Karenina work its marvelous spell. Lifts off in the wild blue of director Joe Wright's imagination. Keira Knightley is glorious.
Silver Linings Playbook - One of the best movies of the year! It will make you laugh till it hurts. Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper give performances that take your breath away. David O. Russell pours heart, soul and humor into it.
Life of Pi - Magnificent and moving. You don't just watch this movie...you live it.
Rust and Bone - A hypnotic film means to shake you, and does. Marion Cotillard is a tour-de-force of unleashed emotions. She's astonishing. Matthias Schoenaerts is superb.
Hitchcock - Hopkins and Mirren are acting giants in stellar form.
Killing Me Softly - The acting is aces, especially Brad Pitt mixig it up with the superb James Gandolfini.
Jack Reacher - Tom Cruise nails it. A dazzling ride.
The Impossible - The film is a remarkable visual achievement, made deeply and unforgettably affecting by the depth of the actors. The go-for-broke intensity and emotional layering Watts brings to her role is an acting triumph. And McGregor matches her in a performance of ferocity and feeling. The surprise is young Holland, who shows how the terror and anger in Lucas grow into courage. He gives this powerhouse film its grieving heart.
This Is 40 - High-spirited and hilarious. Rudd and Mann are a joy to watch.
Zero Dark Thirty - **** You're in for a hell of a ride with this high-voltage thriller. Jessica Chastain is a marvel.
Les Miserables - The best and boldest Hollywood musical in years soars! Besides being a feast for the eyes and ears, Les Miserables overflows with humor, heartbreak, rousing action and ravishing romance. It's perfectly marvelous. One of the best films of the year.
Django Unchained - An exhilarating rush. Outrageously entertaining.
Not Fade Away - A gritty, graceful salute to rock n' roll.
Promised Land - Potent and heartfelt! Director Gus Van Sant finds the human side of the face of a new America in crisis. (Rolling Stone)

Hollywood Elsewhere 2/4/03 (Movie Poop Shoot)
"Does Peter Travers win the flat-footed medal for all eternity? Has he ever written a negative review, or even a mildly critic one? Have you ever seen an ad for the worst movie ever? It'll have a rave from ROLLING STONE, dollars to donuts. I just assume if he likes it and the rest of the quotes are from some AM radio guy in Tulsa, that the movie sucks."Post-Production Polly

"Peter Travers is a wash as a critic now, and probably for all time. Any time his name is within 4 font-size points of the film title, blink and move on."Los Angeles-based indie filmmaker

More bile about Travers
The Daily Ping - 2/3/02
The Simon - Peter Travers Gets Stoned

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:35 am; edited 33 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: PETE HAMMOND Reply with quote

PETE HAMMOND
(Hollywood.com)
(Pete's Dittmanesque Capsule Reviews)
(Pete's Rotten Tomatoes Listing)
(2005 Whore Ranking – #4)
(2006 - THE PETER TRAVERS WHORE OF THE YEAR!)
(2007 - THE MICHAEL MEDVED BAG OF DOUCHE MEMORIAL AWARD WINNER! w/ 88 Quotes)
(2008 - THE KEVIN THOMAS SLOPPY SECONDS AWARD WINNER!)
(2009 - THE PETER TRAVERS WHORE OF THE YEAR!)
(2010 - 43 Quotes)
(2011 - 44 Quotes)
(2012 - 29 Quotes)

PETE HAMMOND INTERVIEWED BY ROTTEN TOMATOES - TAKES SHOTS AT CRITICWATCH
Read it here

QUOTES
Joyful Noise - Joyful Noise is a reason to celebrate! It will have you dancing in the aisles. Carol Channing: Larger Than Life - One of the most touching love stories the screen has seen in a long time.
Big Miracle - Inspiring and heartwarming. A whale of a great tale.
Safe House - Ryan Reynolds is terrific in this heart-racing smart action thriller.
Thin Ice - Wickedly entertaining.
Dr. Seuss' The Lorax - Fantastic movie fun for everyone.
Salmon Fishing in the Yemen - Pure delight. A smart, original comedy treat. This is one to see!
Musical Chairs - A terrific film full of life, heart, music and fantastic dancing. A movie that just makes you feel good. See it!
Mirror Mirror - It's the fairest family entertainment of all.
Darling Companion - A true gem! A rich entertainment, the kind of smart, sophisticated adult comedy that rarely comes along these days. A must see for people who love movies. Diane Keaton, Kevin Kline and the sterling ensemble cast are superb.
The Pirates!: Band of Misfits - A treasure chest full of laughs! One of the funniest animated films in years.
What To Expect When You're Expecting - Totally delivers with lots of laughs, heart and a terrific ensemble of actors at their best.
Madagascar 3 - (1) Like Toy Story 3 this Madagascar proves 3 is the charm. It's easily the best one yet! (2) Hilarious. Exciting. Heartwarming.
People Like Us - People Like Us is for people who love great movies. A compelling, beautifully acted, humane and riveting motion picture experience. This is intelligent adult filmmaking at its finest. One of the year's very best!
The Magic of Belle Isle - The perfect summer film. 'The Magic Of Belle Isle' is one of Rob Reiner's best. Morgan Freeman is superb. A wonderful family story you won't soon forget
Savages - Savages is great entertainment. Brutally thrilling movie not to be missed. Savages is one of Oliver Stone's best movies.
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days - Best Wimpy Kid yet!
The Odd Life of Timothy Green - Perfect entertainment for the whole family.
Hit & Run - This summer's great escape!
The Words - Provocative and compelling. Don't miss it...engrossing, intelligent storytelling at its very best. The ensemble cast is superb.
End of Watch - Riveting, exciting, emotional and unforgettable! End of Watch is one of the year's best with extraordinary award-caliber performances from Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Peña. This is one to see!
Trouble with the Curve - One film hits it out of the park. Filled with heart, humor and fantastic acting.
The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Beautifully written, directed and acted - This is a film you won't forget.
The Oranges - Wickedly funny.
Alex Cross - (1) Tyler Perry like we have never seen him before. (2) An emotional powerhouse that will keep you on edge. (3) A bullseye! Keeps you on edge throughout.
Flight - A nail-biting thriller.
A Royal Affair - Magnificent! A ravishing, stunning epic with superlative performances. A riveting, compelling love story from a brilliant filmmaker. A must see for fans of great world cinema.
Rise of the Guardians - The perfect holiday family film. The Avengers' of Animated movies.
The Girl - Abbie Cornish gives the most impressive performance of her career...

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:14 am; edited 19 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: SHAWN EDWARDS Reply with quote

SHAWN EDWARDS
(FOX-TV – Kansas City)
Shawn’s "Screening Room" Reviews
(2002 Whore Ranking – #7)
(2003 Whore Ranking – #4)
(2004 Whore Ranking – #5)
(2005 - THE KEVIN THOMAS SLOPPY SECONDS AWARD WINNER)
(2006 Whore Ranking – #3)
(2007 - THE PETER TRAVERS WHORE OF THE YEAR AWARD WINNER)
(2008 Whore Ranking – #4)
(2009 Whore Ranking – #4)
(2010 - THE PETER TRAVERS WHORE OF THE YEAR AWARD WINNER)
(2011 - THE PETER TRAVERS WHORE OF THE YEAR AWARD WINNER)
(2012 - 22 Quotes)

QUOTES
Joyful Noise - Dolly Parton is back on the big screen and better than ever in a fresh, funny and truly joyful film! Queen Latifah is fantastic! She delivers a wonderfully joyful performance.
Contraband - Contraband delivers! An intense, adrenaline-pumping, edge-of-your-seat thriller.
The Grey - Electrifying. Liam Neeson has never been better. An epic adventure that will thrill you. A masterpiece!
The Vow - ****...Rachel McAdams & Channing Tatum are amazing. The perfect movie for anyone who has ever been in love.
The Secret World of Arrietty - Terrific! Wonderfully told and beautifully drawn. An animated classic.
Wanderlust - Outrageously funny!
A Thousand Words - Heartwarming and hilarious. Eddie Murphy is a comedic genius.
21 Jump Street - Hilarious. They'll have you laugh until it hurts.
Think Like A Man - (1) **** You'll love this movie! (2) Hugely entertaining. (3) Entertaining
Men In Black III - A blast of fun. It's hilarious. ****. Phenomenal. Total awesomeness. Will Smith is back! and better than ever. It's the best Men In Black yet.
Snow White and the Huntsman - A flat-out masterpiece! A mesmerizing and haunting film that soars with creativity, stylistic genius and amazing battle scenes. A breathtaking experience that shouldn't be missed.
For Greater Glory - Extraordinary!
The Dark Knight Rises - The best movie of the year
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days - Perfect for the entire family!
Trouble with the Curve - Brilliant.
End of Watch - **** A one-of-a-kind motion picture experience.
Looper - Stunning! The coolest and most original movie in years.
Here Comes the Boom - Hilarious! It's School of Rock meets Rocky...
Silent Hill: Revelation - A total scarefest.
A Man's Story - **** Incredible, intriguing, inspiring! A stylistic and provocative portrait of a true creative genius and fascinating persona.
Skyfall - **** Pure Bond perfection!
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - A visually stunning masterpiece!

Compliments of Pitch.com

READ CHRIS PARRY’S
Great Moments In Junketeering #1: Shawn Edwards does Chronicles of Riddick

HEAR THE CLIP THAT GOT SHAWN FIRED FROM THE WALT BODINE SHOW
HE PLAYS THE RACE CARD AND LOSES
The Walt Bodine Show (June 30, 2006)
“Is it because I'm black?”

An anonymous source is calling for the removal of Shawn Edwards - check it on in our forum (Help Remove Shawn Edwards!)

**********SHAWN EGO ALERT**********
FROM THE COLUMN OF KANSAS CITY STAR’S HEARNE CHRISTOPHER (aka Shawn's Buttboy)
Shawn Edwards' Movie Awards
“The people who actually spend their money at the multiplexes get to vote. It’s not the critics groups that meet in a cave like Bin Laden and come up with all these choices that don’t match mainstream movie taste. We decided to let the people have their vote, because without them, Hollywood wouldn’t exist. Critics don’t drive Hollywood; people drive Hollywood.”

The Kansas City Star[/b]
“The quotes you read of mine, alongside Roger Ebert and all the top-notch critics, has totally helped my career as a film critic and my credibility,” Edwards says. It’s time someone took Edwards down a peg.

Help! Shawn Edwards Wants American Idol
Edwards Responds To Variety’s Timothy Gray
“Here's my deal. My job as a critic is to appreciate the whole spectrum of cinema. As a critic I'm allowed my opinion. I don't understand these guys. I think as a younger guy I have a wider appreciation for all types of film. I mean, everything is not going to be a ‘Citizen Kane.' But I've been quoted on two of the five movies nominated for best picture, too. So my taste can't be all that bad. I liked ‘White Chicks,' and that film did $75 million. I'm not ashamed. I also like ‘Million Dollar Baby' and ‘Ray.' But I don't like everything. I did not like ‘Sideways.'”

Edwards Quits KC Film Circle. Cites Jealousy On Members!
“They're not trying to support the totality of cinema and a diverse viewpoint,” Edwards says. “To me it's nothing but a big clique of film geeks — that's why I resigned. I'm not going to be a part of that. I don't need to be a part of a group that supports negativity.” “If they want to fire arrows at me, that's fine, but I think they're firing arrows out of jealousy and envy,” Edwards counters. “If I like a movie or don't like a movie, fine, who cares? Why are they so concerned over what my views are? I don't understand what's been done that's wrong. I mean movies and quotes go together like 7-Elevens and Slurpees.” The Film Snobs Respond To Edwards

And Edwards Responds Back
I give them credit, at least they're watching,” Edwards quips. “But obviously they didn't pay that close attention because we did a 10 worst (movies) last year and I didn't not like ‘Sideways,' I gave it a three (out of five).” (Editor’s Note: Upon review of the actual tape where Shawn reviews Sideways, he gives it a TWO out of five, NOT THREE!)

Compliments of Pitch.com

SEE A CLIP OF SHAWN EDWARDS (RIGHT HERE)
OR READ ABOUT HIS DRUNKEN ESCAPADE AT THE PITCH MUSIC AWARDS
OR THIS EMBARRASSING COLUMN

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:39 pm; edited 17 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: JOEL AMOS Reply with quote

JOEL AMOS
(SheKnows.com / MovieFanatic.com)
(2010 - THE PETE HAMMOND SLOPPY SECONDS AWARD WINNER!)
(2011 - THE PETE HAMMOND SLOPPY SECONDS AWARD WINNER!)
(2012 - 19 Quotes)

QUOTES
The Devil Inside - An instant horror classic.
Man On A Ledge - Wildly original. Full of twists and turns.
Safe House - The most intense thriller since Bourne.
Journey 2 The Mysterious Island - The year's first great adventure.
This Means War - The funniest comedy of the year.
Gone - Riveting.
John Carter - (1) A hero is born (2) Sweeping epic (3) A visual marvel (4) Powerful (5) Epic
Chimpanzee - Moving, funny and epic.
Think Like A Man - Sensational. Delightful. The funniest movie of the year.
Rock of Ages - Mind-blowing.
Ted - The funniest movie of the year.
People Like Us - A triumph. A must-see.
The Watch - The best comic cast ever.
Step Up Revolution - Great moves, hot music, wild fun!
The Campaign - An instant comedy classic. The Campaign gets my vote.
Premium Rush - The perfect thrill ride.
Hotel Transylvania - Hysterical and heartwarming. Fantastic fun for the entire family.
Chasing Mavericks - Inspiring and uplifting. A must-see true tale.
Red Dawn - Red Dawn rocks. Riveting. Thrilling. A movie for our times.

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:43 am; edited 12 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: MARK S. ALLEN Reply with quote

MARK S. ALLEN
(KMAX-TV/UPN-TV (Sacramento))
Bio / Interviews / E-Mail
(2002 Whore Ranking - #11)
(2003 Whore Ranking – #7)
(2004 Whore Ranking – #6)
(2005 - 14 Quotes)
(2006 Whore Ranking - Runner-Up to the Top 10)

(2007 Whore Ranking – #6)
(2008 PETER TRAVERS WHORE OF THE YEAR)
(2009 - 11 Quotes)
(2010 Whore Ranking – #5)
(2011 Whore Ranking – #3)
(2012 - 15 Quotes)

He Called Soul Men "Perhaps the best buddy picture ever!”
Mark S. Allen – Don’t You Have A Soul?

QUOTES
Joyful Noise - Triumphant! Something to inspire everyone!
Contraband - Dynamic, intense and satisfying.
Underworld Awakening - The best Underworld yet.
The Grey - Liam Neeson is electrifying.
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island - An epic 'Journey' for everyone.
Wrath of the Titans - Awesome Even better than the first!
The Lucky One - The best Nicholas Sparks film since The Notebook.
Dark Shadows - Johnny Depp at his absolute best. Wickedly funny!
Brave - Spectacular! Remarkable in every way! Destined to be a classic
Magic Mike - The forecast calls for magic.
Ted - One of the funniest movies of all time. The new standard for comedy. You'll be in tears.
The Dark Knight Rises - This year’s best picture
Step Up Revolution - The best dance movie yet.
The Campaign - Relentlessly funny. Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis are the new dynamic duo of comedy! Not just funny. Smart, poignant and freaking hysterical.
Alex Cross - Awesome action and intrigue, and all that is James Patterson!

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:24 am; edited 10 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: JEFFREY LYONS Reply with quote

JEFFREY LYONS
(WNBC-TV)
Bio
(2002 Whore Ranking - #4)
(2003 Whore Ranking – #5)
(2004 Whore Ranking – #9)
(2005 Whore Ranking – #3)
(2006 - THE KEVIN THOMAS SLOPPY SECONDS AWARD WINNER)
(2007 Whore Ranking – #4)
(2008 Whore Ranking – #10)
(2009 Whore Ranking – #3)
(2010 - 18 Quotes)
(2011 - 20 Quotes)
(2012 - 12 Quotes)

QUOTES
Thin Ice - Not since Fargo has there been such a clever crime story. Witty clever and sly.
My Way - A stunning, stirring epic.
Safe - Excellent! It's Jason Statham's best movie.
Hysteria - A delight!
Mighty Fine - Kudos to all!
Red Lights - Offbeat, unusual and thought-provoking.
The Awakening - An eerie, classy, deeply engrossing thriller!
The Eye of the Storm - What an absolutely gorgeous film. Sure to be a contender for Acting and Picture at the Oscars. Bravura performances!
The Oranges - An excellent ensemble.
Trade of Innocents - Extremely powerful with a message vital for the world.
Least Among Saints - A very touching, true-to-life drama with compelling performances.
Life of Pi - Once in a very long time, along comes a movie which you know while watching it you will never, ever forget. This is that movie!

Hollywood Elsewhere 2/4/03 (Movie Poop Shoot)
"Jeffrey Lyons has the most bizarre taste in the business, but is utterly sincere." -- New York magazine editor

"Jeffrey Lyons…I never trust in the flat-footed, flaccid category.”Los Angeles-based columnist and freelancer.

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Sat May 11, 2013 8:59 am; edited 9 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: BEN LYONS Reply with quote

BEN LYONS
(E! - The Daily 10)
(2006 – 6 Quotes)
(2007 Whore Ranking – #7)
(2008 Whore Ranking – #10)
(2009 – 15 Quotes)
(2010 – 6 Quotes)
(2011 – 6 Quotes)
(2012 - 4 Quotes)

QUOTES
Chimpanzee - Astonishing and beautiful . Heartwarming.
End of Watch - Groundbreaking. You feel every moment, every breath, every heartbeat!
Argo - Will leave you breathless.
Django Unchained - Incredible.

JOIN THE ANTI-BEN LYONS MOVEMENT
The Ben Lyons Quote of the Week (2009)
The Ben Lyons Quote of the Week (2008)

LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:50 pm; edited 4 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JIM FERGUSON
(FOX-TV/ KMSB-TV)
(2002 Whore Ranking - One to Watch in 2003
(2003 Whore Ranking � #8)
(2004 KEVIN THOMAS SLOPPY SECONDS AWARD WINNER!)
(2005 - 12 Quotes)
(2006 Whore Ranking � #6)
(2007 Whore Ranking � #5)
(2008 Whore Ranking � #3)
(2009 - 11 Quotes)
(2010 - 9 Quotes)
(2011 - 4 Quotes)
(2012 - 2 Quotes)

(Ferguson wins the 2011 Bag O'Douche Award)

QUOTES
The Vow - The perfect Valentine's Day date movie!
Dark Shadows - (1) Totally entertaining.(2) Wonderful! Thoroughly entertaining.

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: MARIA SALAS Reply with quote

MARIA SALAS
(Telemundo/Gems Television)
NBC6 - South Florida Today
(2005 – 9 Quotes)
(2006 Whore Ranking - #5)
(2007 – 8 Quotes)
(2008 – 1 Quote)
(2009 Whore Ranking – #6)
(2010 Whore Ranking – #8)
(2011 Whore Ranking – #9)
(2012 - 13 Quotes)

QUOTES
Haywire - An adrenaline rush for men and a sexy spy thriller for women
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island - Awesome. Eye-popping 3-D. Pure adventure.
This Means War - The most fun you can have at the movies.
Mirror Mirror - A spectacular and funny Snow White for all ages.
The Three Stooges - Fun for the whole family.
The Lucky One - The perfect date movie. It's Dear John meets The Vow.
The Campaign - Knockout funny. It's laugh out loud until you cry funny.
The Expendables 2 - The most action-packed fun you'll have this summer!
Argo - So incredible...so intense...so good...you won't believe it's true.
Alex Cross - Best villain of the year - Matthew Fox. A must-see.
Wreck-It Ralph - Out of this world!
Playing for Keeps - Playing for Keeps will warm your heart and make you fall in love again and again. Gerard Butler is one of the sexiest romantic leading men in Hollywood.
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Stunning.

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:27 am; edited 12 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: MOSE PERSICO Reply with quote

MOSE PERSICO
(CFCF-TQS, Canada/Entertainment Spotlight)
(2002 Whore Ranking - Unranked)
(2003 Whore Ranking – #11)
(2004 Whore Ranking – #4)
(2005 – 10 Quotes)
(2006 – 6 Quotes)
(2007 – 7 Quotes)
(2008 – 6 Quotes)
(2009 – 4 Quotes)
(2010 – 5 Quotes)
(2011 – 5 Quotes)
(2012 – 5 Quotes)

QUOTES
Man On A Ledge - A white-knuckle action thriller!
The Vow - Romantic and steamy!
21 Jump Street - Wickedly funny
Wrath of the Titans - Epic
Dark Shadows - Funny and sexy!

BELIEVE IT OR NOT – MOSE HAS (OR HAD) A FAN CLUB!
(Mose Persico Official Fan Club) (E-mail them at WeLoveMose@yahoo.com)

SEE A CLIP OF MOSE PERSICO (RIGHT HERE)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Fri May 23, 2014 7:14 am; edited 3 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: KEVIN STEINCROSS Reply with quote

KEVIN STEINCROSS
(KTVI-TV (Fox) / Kevin's Blog)
(2007 - 5 Quotes)
(2008 - 3 Quotes)
(2009 - 3 Quotes)
(2010 - 5 Quotes)
(2011 - 6 Quotes)
(2012 - 3 Quotes)

QUOTES
Underworld Awakening - Kate Beckinsale is back and fiercer than ever
Man On A Ledge - A heart-pounding adrenaline rush! What a way to kick off the New Year!
John Carter - Bold. Visually stunning.

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: GREG RUSSELL Reply with quote

GREG RUSSELL
(WB-TV)
Flix & Pix TV Website
(2004 Whore Ranking – #3)
(2005 - 8 Quotes)
(2006 - 6 Quotes)
(2007 - 14 Quotes)
(2008 - 4 Quotes)
(2009 Whore Ranking – #10)
(2010 Whore Ranking – #6)
(2011 – 4 Quotes)
(2012 - 6 Quotes)

QUOTES
Man On A Ledge - Clever and suspenseful. Keeps you guessing until the very end.
Gone - Chilling.
Madagascar 3 - A 3-D Hit
The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Funny and compelling - the wallflower blooms!
Red Dawn - Action packed fun
The Guilt Trip - Streisand is a comedic genius.

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:42 pm; edited 5 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: ANDREW FREUND Reply with quote

ANDREW FREUND
(MySpace)
Andrew's Website
(2011 � 5 Quotes)
(2012 - 7 Quotes)

QUOTES
Gone - Suspenseful.
John Carter - Thrilling
Dark Shadows - A wildly whimsical world
Prometheus - Phenomenal.
Total Recall - Better than the original!
Alex Cross - (1) Tyler Perry like you've never seen him before. (2) An emotionally charged thriller that will have you on the edge of your seat.
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 - A jaw-dropping end to the cultural phenomenon that changed the world. - Andrew Freund, MySpace

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:13 pm; edited 6 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: JAMI PHILBRICK Reply with quote

JAMI PHILBRICK
(Movieweb / Iamrogue.com)
(2010 – 7 Quotes)
(2011 – Whore Ranking #5)
(2012 – 3 Quotes)

QUOTES
The Secret World of Arrietty - Fantastic! An extroardinary adventure.
Intruders - A disturbing psychological thriller...One of the scariest movies of the year!
Lockout - Hilarious. The most entertaining action thriller of the year
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: DAN JEWEL Reply with quote

DAN JEWEL
(Life & Style Weekly)
(2005 – 5 Quotes)
(2006 – 6 Quotes)
(2007 – 9 Quotes)
(2008 – 7 Quotes)
(2010 – 3 Quotes)
(2011 – 6 Quotes)
(2012 - 8 Quotes)

QUOTES
Wanderlust - Hysterical! The funniest movie of the year.
Being Flynn - The first great movie of 2012! ****! Moving, funny & smart!
Silent House - ***1/2 Unbearably suspenseful and utterly terrifying! For heart-stopping scares, this can't be beat!
L!fe Happens - ...Refreshingly honest comedy...
The Five-Year Engagement - Say I do! Riotously funny.
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World - ****! The best movie so far this year! Spectacularly good.
The First Time - The year's most romantic movie.
The Guilt Trip - Grab your mom and go!

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: KYLIE ERICA MAR Reply with quote

KYLIE ERICA MAR
(Made In Hollywood)
(2012 � 3 Quotes)

QUOTES
Gone - It will keep you guessing to the end!
The Lucky One - Grab your girlfriends and see the most romantic movie of the year.
Dark Shadows - Astounding.

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: JAKE HAMILTON Reply with quote

JAKE HAMILTON
(KHOU-TV)
(2009 - 10 Quotes)
(2010 - 8 Quotes)
(2011 - 12 Quotes)
(2012 - 11 Quotes)

QUOTES
American Reunion - The best slice of pie yet!
Snow White and the Huntsman - A stunning and epic cinematic odyssey that will totally blow you away.
Prometheus - Stunning. Daring.
Savages - Ferociously violent.
The Dark Knight Rises - Jaw-dropping.
The Perks of Being a Wallflower - It's The Breakfast Club for a new generation.
Cloud Atlas - An epic masterpiece.
Flight - ****
Skyfall - **** Prepare to be amazed.
The Guilt Trip - Heartfelt and hilarious. One of the year's best comedies. Streisand and Rogen are the perfect comedy duo!
The Impossible - Everything about this film is Oscar-worthy. Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor give the performances of their careers.

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:55 am; edited 9 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: CHRIS PARENTE Reply with quote

CHRIS PARENTE
(Chris-Parente.com)
(2011 - 5 Quotes)
(2012 - 4 Quotes)

QUOTES
The Vow - Beautiful.
Dark Shadows - Pure fun.
Rock of Ages - Rocking. Wild. Pure fun.
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 - A wild twist ending will leave you breathless.

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: CINDY PEARLMAN Reply with quote

CINDY PEARLMAN
(Chicago Sun-Times)
(2009 - 2 Quotes)
(2010 - 1 Quote)
(2011 - 6 Quotes)
(2012 - 8 Quotes)

QUOTES
Joyful Noise - Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton are magic.
Journey 2 The Mysterious Island - Take this journey!
Silent House - Pulse pounding scary! Elizabeth Olsen is one of the best new actresses of her generation.
Rock of Ages - The party film of the summer!
Magic Mike - This summer's Sex and the City.
The Magic of Belle Isle - Morgan Freeman is magic!
The Dark Knight Rises - Epic. A masterpiece.
Cloud Atlas - Astonishing and completely exhilarating.

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:09 am; edited 4 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: JEFF CRAIG Reply with quote

JEFF CRAIG
(Sixty Second Preview)
(2002 Whore Ranking - One to Watch in 2003)
(2003 - 7 Quotes)
(2007 - 13 Quotes)
(2008 - 10 Quotes)
(2009 Whore Ranking – #5)
(2010 Whore Ranking – #10)
(2011 Whore Ranking – #4)
(2012 - 6 Quotes)

QUOTES
Wrath of the Titans - Amazing.
Rock of Ages - Exhilarating. Electrifying. The coolest movie musical in decades. A total blast. Irresistible.
Taken 2 - One totally intense ride.
Seven Psychopaths - Colin Farrell is at the top of his game.
Red Dawn - Terrifically entertaining! Chris Hemsworth is dynamite. Delivers nonstop thrills and fierce action.
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - **** The movie event of the year.

READ ABOUT JEFF CRAIG IN TIME MAGAZINE
Attack of the Blurbmeisters

*** - This is the only known photo of Jeff Craig. Because no evidence of him exists so we made it up. Feels appropriate.

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: AVI OFFER Reply with quote

AVI OFFER
(The NYC Movie Guru)
(2007 � 8 Quotes)
(2008 � 6 Quotes)
(2009 � Whore Ranking #8)
(2010 � Whore Ranking #9)
(2011 � 2 Quotes)
(2012 - 8 Quotes)

QUOTES
Lockout - Spectacular
Follow Me: The Yoni Netanyahu Story - Provocative & spellbinding. One of the most powerful films of the year.
30 Beats - Sexy, smart and sophisticated.
Changing the Game - Suspenseful, intriguing, wise and genuinely heartfelt.
Doctored - A vital eye-opening expose. A must-see!
Taken 2 - The edge-of-your-seat thriller of the year.
The Details - Brilliant! Laura Linney deserves an Oscar nomination!
What A Man - Outrageously funny, bold and snameless. One of the best romantic comedies since There's Something About Mary.

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: KEVIN MCCARTHY Reply with quote

KEVIN MCCARTHY
(WJFK-FM (CBS Radio))
(2007 - 1 Quote)
(2008 - 1 Quote)
(2010 - 3 Quotes)
(2011 - 6 Quotes)
(2012 - 4 Quotes)

QUOTES
The Grey - Powerful. Action-packed
Prometheus - A brilliant and epic masterpiece of cinema
The Perks of Being a Wallflower - One of the best films of 2012 - emotionally gripping with phenomenal performances.
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Epic.
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: TONY TOSCANO Reply with quote

TONY TOSCANO
(KJZZ-TV/Talking Pictures)
Talking Pictures (Home Page)
Bio(Home Page)
Movie Reviews (Rotten Tomatoes)

(2003 Whore Ranking – #12)
(2004 - 15 Quotes)
(2005 - 6 Quotes)
(2006 - 8 Quotes)
(2007 - 4 Quotes)
(2008 - 2 Quotes)
(2009 - 2 Quotes)
(2010 - 5 Quotes)
(2011 - 3 Quotes)
(2012 - 4 Quotes)

QUOTES
Madagascar 3 - A wild ride. 3 Times the fun.
Rock of Ages - Extraordinary. Rock of Ages delivers pure entertainment and fun!
The Campaign - The funniest comedy of the year
Wreck-It Ralph - Totally fun.
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: BILL BREGOLI Reply with quote

BILL BREGOLI
(Westwood One Radio Networks / CBS Radio)
(2003 – 13 Quotes)
(2004 – 6 Quotes)
(2005 – Whore Ranking #6)
(2006 – 9 Quotes)
(2007 – THE KEVIN THOMAS SLOPPY SECONDS AWARD WINNER)
(2008 – 8 Quotes)
(2009 – 3 Quotes)
(2010 – 0 Quotes)
(2011 – 5 Quotes)
(2012 - 1 Quote)

QUOTES
The Magic of Belle Isle - It's a cut above a lot of family fare.
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NANCY JAY
(Daybreak USA)
(2009 - 1 Quote)
(2010 - 1 Quote)
(2011 - 1 Quote)
(2012 - 2 Quotes)

QUOTES
"An instant classic." (Dark Shadows)
"Gut-wrenching action." (Taken 2)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> Criticwatch All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: