Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Criticwatch 2014
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> Criticwatch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Criticwatch 2014 Reply with quote

PETER TRAVERS
(Rolling Stone)
Movie Reviews
(2002 Whore Ranking - #1)
(2003 Whore Ranking - The Peter Travers Whore of the Year Award Created!)
(2004 - 61 Quotes)
(2005 - 65 Quotes)
(2006 - 69 Quotes)
(2007 - 74 Quotes)
(2008 - 67 Quotes)
(2009 - 74 Quotes)
(2010 - 81 Quotes)
(2011 - 61 Quotes)
(2012 - 69 Quotes)
(2013 - 64 Quotes)
(2014 - 65 Quotes)

Travers has long been the Rolling Stone film critic, but wasn't always a shill. For a long time he was a respected writer, but over he last few years it's become more and more clear that he's just out to get Rolling Stone some free publicity. Just like sports bonuses for achievement. Think about it.

(Check out the 2011 Peter Travers Retrospective)
(Check out the 2012 Peter Travers Retrospective)
(Check out the 2013 Peter Travers Retrospective)

QUOTES
"A stimulating detective story that holds you in thrall!" (Tim's Vermeer)
"A compelling untold story. A fun and addictive adventure." (The Monuments Men)
"Dynamite. Gloriously entertaining." (Elaine Stritch: Shoot Me)
"A tense, terrific thriller!" (Non-Stop)
"A pulse-pounding experiment in terror. Maybe risk hasn't died yet in filmmaking." (Grand Piano)
"Wes Anderson makes sweet, mad magic." (The Grand Budapest Hotel)
"A tour de force of comic wickedness." (Bad Words)
"Epic, powerful, daring. A triumph. A film of grit, grace and visual wonders. Noah shows how an artist can re-imagine a Bible story in epic & human terms." (Noah)
"Thrilling! The wow factor is off the charts!" (The Raid 2)
"Flood your senses with something extraordinary." (Under the Skin) (Rolling Stone)
"If you need a reminder of what a fine, nuanced actor Nicolas Cage can be, take a look at Joe." (Joe) (Rolling Stone)
"A powerhouse of suspense and fierce emotion." (Locke) (Rolling Stone)
"***1/2. Irresistible! Deliciously entertaining! The perfect antidote to Hollywood junk food. All the actors are aces...It's Favreau's best performance to date. Dustin Hoffman is wonderful. Oliver Platt is superb." (Chef) - Peter Travers
"Here is something rare at the multiplex: A movie that matters." (Fed Up) (Rolling Stone)
"A mesmerizing, timeless film." (The Immigrant)
"Hypnotic...Coppola makes us care, capturing the fever and fleetingness of first love in a way that marks a born filmmaker." (Palo Alto)
"McAvoy's bonkers brilliance will blow you away." (Filth)
"The summer blockbuster that's damn near perfect...It's spectacular." (X-Men: Days of Future Past)
"Dirtiest." (A Million Ways To Die In the West)
"An exhilarating blast of a movie. Totally irresistible." (We Are the Best!)
"Exuberantly clever. Hugely entertaining." (Edge of Tomorrow)
"A high-flying wonder to behold. The first movie was a crazy good time. The sequel is more than that, way more. It's thrilling, a soaring blend of 3D animation and spectacular storytelling." (How To Train Your Dragon 2)
"Damn funny." (22 Jump Street)
"You'll be hooked." (The Rover) (Rolling Stone)
"Snowpiercer is everything Transformers wishes it could be. You're in for a wild whoosh of a ride. The year’s coolest sci-fi movie." (Snowpiercer)
"**** Irresistible, funny and romantic! It hits the summer sweet spot! No disease. No teens dying. And yet Begin Again, from writer-director John Carney (the Irish dream-weaver of Once), hits the summer sweet spot by breezing in on waves of humor, heartache and ravishing romance. And, oh yeah, irresistible music you can't get out of your head. Mark Ruffalo continues to astonish. Keira Knightley is at her best. Adam Levine is a revelation. They perform subtle, irresistible magic. It's rare to find a movie that uses music to define love without sentimentalizing it. But Begin Again is a wonderful exception." (Begin Again)
"The best film of the year. Unique and unforgettable." (2) "The best film of the year is also the biggest emotional powerhouse." (Boyhood)
(Boyhood)
"Dawn is dynamite entertainment! A groundbreaking spectacle." (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes)
(1) "Philip Seymour Hoffman is flawless." (2) "A tense, twisty and terrific spy thriller. Philip Seymour Hoffman is simply magnificent...A master class in acting." (A Most Wanted Man)
"The summer's most beguiling romantic comedy. Colin Firth and Emma Stone make a magnetic pair of opposites, Emma Stone lights up the screen. The actors are a pleasure to be around." (Magic in the Moonlight)
"Exhilarating blast of fun. Does the impossible. Should the Guardians take on the Avengers...Hell yeah!" (Guardians of the Galaxy)
"Hits you like a shot in the heart! Love is Strange has the kind of humor and humanity that resonates with the issues of love, sex, separation, aging and loss. A triumph for Lithgow and Molina, two consummate actors as emotionally expressive in silence as they are in words. Acting doesn't get better than this." (Love is Strange)
"You've never seen anything like this." (The One I Love) (Rolling Stone)
"Funny, touching and vital." (Frank)
"Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig and effing uproarious! The comic and dramatic range of their performances will blow you away! (Rolling Stone)
"James Gandolfini is dynamite in his final screen role. (The Drop)
"An emotional powerhouse. James McAvoy is in peak form! (The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby)
"It's hellish good fun...A blast of wicked mirth and malice. (The Guest)
"An emotional knockout." (Pride)
"Deliciously dishes out the shivery. Sexy suspense of a Hitchcock thriller. You can't help being drawn in. A potent directing debut by Hossein Amini." (The Two Faces of January)
"Electrifying! Andre Benjamin's magnetic performance is a star-spangled triumph!" (Jimi: All Is By My Side)
"Scary, suspenseful, seductive. The date-night movie of the decade." (Gone Girl) (Rolling Stone)
"Electrifying! A diabolically entertaining spellbinder. Miles Teller and J.K. Simmons will blow you away." (Whiplash)
"Daring, devastating, howlingly funny. Michael Keaton delivers the best performance of his career." (Birdman)
"Non-stop fun. The cast is top-tier and Justin Simien is a talent to watch. The hype is justified." (Dear White People) (Rolling Stone)
"Stunning. Brad Pitt is tremendous. Fury grabs you from the first scene and never lets go." (Fury)
"Stunning!" (1000 Times Good Night)
"Force Majeure is a jolt. You won't know what hit you. Director Ostlund shifts gears from humor to psychological thriller with cunning skill." (Force Majeure)
"Blistering. Nightcrawler is brilliant. ***1/2. Gyllenhaal is scarily brilliant." (Nightcrawler)
"It's riveting, emotional, and a one-of-a-kind love story all rolled into one triumphant film. Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones reach for the stars in two of the year's best performances." (The Theory of Everything)
"Enthralling. Nirvana for movie lovers." (Interstellar)
"A winner" (Big Hero 6)
"That Rosewater is as tense, chilling and indelible as it is, owes much to Stewart's keen eye for detail the way humor surfaces even in the darkest places. Gael Garcia Bernal is exceptional." (Rosewater)
"**** One of the year's very best films. A mesmerizing masterwork. Steve Carell, Channing Tatum and Mark Ruffalo give the performances of their lives. Bennett Miller Hits a new peak as he takes a scalpel to the privileged worlds of olympic sports and inherited wealth. A unique and unforgettable psychological thriller that knocks the ground out from under you." (Foxcatcher)
"The suspense is killer. The scale is epic!" (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1)
"A mesmerizing mindbender that vibrates with energy and suspense. Benedict Cumberbatch gives an explosive, emotionally complex performance. Keira Knightley is poignant and terrific. Morten Tyldum directs with masterly assurance." (The Imitation Game)
"A showstopping performance. Reese Witherspoon goes deep, rattling between desperation and determination. It is an exciting, elemental adventure that takes you to places and feelings you don't see coming." (Wild)
"Rock-em Sock-em. This is not your daddy's Moses." (Exodus: Gods and Kings)
"Fall-on-the-floor funny. Top Five is authentically hilarious. A raunchy comic ride." (Top Five)
"Unbroken has a spirit that soars. In honoring Louie Zamperini, Angelina Jolie does herself proud. One of the best films of the year." (Unbroken) (Rolling Stone)
"A truly great American film. Selma isn't just a biopic - it celebrates community action, by seeing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. through the prism of one crucial event, the film offers a rousing portrait of a born preacher not without sin. It's in the quiet moments of humor, heartbreak, and stabbing self-doubt that we see a man in full." (Selma)
"Tim Burton's most personal and heartfelt film. Amy Adams is picture perfect." (Big Eyes)
"Oscar Isaac is an implosive powerhouse." (A Most Violent Year)
"One hell of a movie. A film for its time, bristling with peril and alive to every flicker of human decency." (Two Days, One Night)
"Clint Eastwood fuses the explosive and the sorrowful as only he can. Bradley Cooper gives everything and then some in an astonishing, all-out performance. This film takes a piece out of you." (American Sniper[b])

Hollywood Elsewhere 2/4/03 (Movie Poop Shoot)
"Does Peter Travers win the flat-footed medal for all eternity? Has he ever written a negative review, or even a mildly critic one? Have you ever seen an ad for the worst movie ever? It'll have a rave from ROLLING STONE, dollars to donuts. I just assume if he likes it and the rest of the quotes are from some AM radio guy in Tulsa, that the movie sucks." � [b]Post-Production Polly

"Peter Travers is a wash as a critic now, and probably for all time. Any time his name is within 4 font-size points of the film title, blink and move on."Los Angeles-based indie filmmaker

More bile about Travers
The Daily Ping - 2/3/02
The Simon - Peter Travers Gets Stoned

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:52 am; edited 33 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: PETE HAMMOND Reply with quote

PETE HAMMOND
(Movieline)
(Pete's Dittmanesque Capsule Reviews)
(Pete's Rotten Tomatoes Listing)
(2005 Whore Ranking � #4)
(2006 - THE PETER TRAVERS WHORE OF THE YEAR!)
(2007 - THE MICHAEL MEDVED BAG OF DOUCHE MEMORIAL AWARD WINNER! w/ 88 Quotes)
(2008 - THE KEVIN THOMAS SLOPPY SECONDS AWARD WINNER!)
(2009 - THE PETER TRAVERS WHORE OF THE YEAR!)
(2010 - 43 Quotes)
(2011 - 44 Quotes)
(2012 - 29 Quotes)
(2013 - 31 Quotes)
(2014 - 28 Quotes)

PETE HAMMOND INTERVIEWED BY ROTTEN TOMATOES - TAKES SHOTS AT CRITICWATCH
Read it here

QUOTES
"Hilarious!" (Ride Along)
"Vanessa Hudgens is a complete revelation." (Gimme Shelter)
"A wonderful movie not to be missed." (At Middleton)
"Great is the word! The funniest, smartest, most entertaining comedy in a very long time. The entire cast is perfection. Jason Bateman's directorial debut is spectacular." (Bad Words)
"Sensational. Don't miss it. It's Bonnie and Clyde meets GoodFellas and then some!" (Rob the Mob)
"Every bit as good as Bull Durham and Field of Dreams. Kevin Costner returns to glory in the kind of role that made him a star." (Draft Day)
"Exceptionally well done. An exciting thriller and inspiring true human story." (Walking with the Enemy)
"The most delicious comedy you'll see all year! Highly entertaining! It's got it all: Laughs. Warmth. Terrific actors and lots of mouthwatering food. A real winner not to be missed!" (Chef)
"A genuine crowd-pleaser and a true story that truly inspires." (Million Dollar Arm)
"Grand indeed! An absolute treat. Hilarious, heartfelt and not to be missed under any circumstances." (The Grand Seduction)
"His finest film since the Oscar winning Crash and his most personal. Liam Neeson is superb. The most impressive ensemble cast of the year." (Third Person)
"A live-action WALL-E meets E.T. meets Stand By Me. Unforgettable." (Earth to Echo)
"Amazing. Truly extraordinary. The best of this summer's blockbusters. You will be blown away. The most entertaining, exciting, provocative and powerful of all the Apes films." (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes)
"Mind-blowing. A brilliant and surprising story. Soul-stirring, uplifting entertainment. Remarkably unforgettable." (Get On Up)
"The best comedy about relationships since 500 Days of Summer" (What If)
"Funny, exciting, heartwarming. The best family movie of 2014." (Dolphin Tale 2)
"A terrifically entertaining comedy unlike any other you'll see this year. Simon Pegg and Rosamund Pike are splendid." (Hector and the Search for Happiness)
"So smart. So funny. So real. A rich and wonderful filmabotu the mystery of relationships. Not to be missed." (Two Night Stand)
“Astonishing! Hendrix lives on through the sheer force and magnitude of Andre Benjamin’s brilliant performance.” (Jimi: All Is By My Side)
"Magnificent! Not just one of this year's best documentaries, it is one of the year's best picture period." (Keep On Keepin' On)
"Brilliant. Magnificent. Stunning. A gripping, exciting and human movie. It's unlike any other movie this year. The best war movie in 30 years. Brad Pitt delivers his finest screen performance." (Fury)
"Visually stunning. Funny and exciting." (The Book of Life)
"Hilarious!" (St. Vincent)
"Gena Rowlands is luminous. A magnificent Oscar-worthy performance from one of the true screen greats. Six Dance Lessons is pure joy from start to finish!" (Six Dance Lessons in Six Weeks)
"Brilliant lead performances from both Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones." (The Theory of Everything)
"Night at the Museum is roaringly funny. Best night yet. The perfect family holiday entertainment." (Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb)
"True movie magic!...THE treat of the season. A fun, thrilling, wickedly clever and deliciously satisfying take on the fate of fairy tale characters you only thought you knew. Meryl Streep conjures up the greatest witch we've seen since Oz. The entire cast is magnificent. Finally a movie musical entertainment worth singing about. Go into these woods and come out happily ever after." (Into the Woods)
"Clint Eastwood at his finest." ([b]American Sniper[b])

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:46 pm; edited 22 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: SHAWN EDWARDS Reply with quote

SHAWN EDWARDS
(FOX-TV � Kansas City)
Shawn's "Screening Room" Reviews
(2002 Whore Ranking - #7)
(2003 Whore Ranking - #4)
(2004 Whore Ranking - #5)
(2005 - THE KEVIN THOMAS SLOPPY SECONDS AWARD WINNER)
(2006 Whore Ranking - #3)
(2007 - THE PETER TRAVERS WHORE OF THE YEAR AWARD WINNER)
(2008 Whore Ranking - #4)
(2009 Whore Ranking - #4)
(2010 - THE PETER TRAVERS WHORE OF THE YEAR AWARD WINNER)
(2011 - THE PETER TRAVERS WHORE OF THE YEAR AWARD WINNER)
(2012 - Whore Ranking - #4)
(2013 - THE PETER TRAVERS WHORE OF THE YEAR AWARD WINNER)
(2014 - 18 Quotes)

QUOTES
"Kevin Hart is officially the funniest man on the planet. Hilarious!" (Ride Along)
"You'll love it." (Draft Day)
"Hilarious! Funnier and more outrageous than the first!" (A Haunted House 2)
"Fun, sexy and smart." (Chef)
"The most incredible movie of the year. Not to be missed!" (Godzilla)
"The feel-good movie of the summer!" (Million Dollar Arm)
"Inspiring. Heartfelt" (The Fault In Our Stars)
"Twice as sexy. Twice as sharp. Twice as funny." (Think Like a Man Too)
"The Exorcist meets Se7en." (Deliver Us From Evil)
"The funniest movie of the year" (Sex Tape)
"Soulful, emotional and powerful" (Get On Up)
"Triumphant" (When the Game Stands Tall)
"**** This is fantastic." (This Is Where I Leave You)
"One of the best movies of the year! A masterpiece!" (Gone Girl)
"Duvall is a revelation." (The Judge)
"Nate Parker and Gugu Mbatha-Raw are perfect together." (Beyond the Lights)
" Phenomenal! An action-packed classic and a masterpiece." (The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies)
"Annie will steal your heart." (Annie)

Compliments of Pitch.com

READ CHRIS PARRY�S
Great Moments In Junketeering #1: Shawn Edwards does Chronicles of Riddick

HEAR THE CLIP THAT GOT SHAWN FIRED FROM THE WALT BODINE SHOW
HE PLAYS THE RACE CARD AND LOSES
The Walt Bodine Show (June 30, 2006)
�Is it because I'm black?�

An anonymous source is calling for the removal of Shawn Edwards - check it on in our forum (Help Remove Shawn Edwards!)

**********SHAWN EGO ALERT**********
FROM THE COLUMN OF KANSAS CITY STAR�S HEARNE CHRISTOPHER (aka Shawn's Buttboy)
Shawn Edwards' Movie Awards
�The people who actually spend their money at the multiplexes get to vote. It�s not the critics groups that meet in a cave like Bin Laden and come up with all these choices that don�t match mainstream movie taste. We decided to let the people have their vote, because without them, Hollywood wouldn�t exist. Critics don�t drive Hollywood; people drive Hollywood.�

The Kansas City Star[/b]
�The quotes you read of mine, alongside Roger Ebert and all the top-notch critics, has totally helped my career as a film critic and my credibility,� Edwards says. It�s time someone took Edwards down a peg.

Help! Shawn Edwards Wants American Idol
Edwards Responds To Variety�s Timothy Gray
�Here's my deal. My job as a critic is to appreciate the whole spectrum of cinema. As a critic I'm allowed my opinion. I don't understand these guys. I think as a younger guy I have a wider appreciation for all types of film. I mean, everything is not going to be a �Citizen Kane.' But I've been quoted on two of the five movies nominated for best picture, too. So my taste can't be all that bad. I liked �White Chicks,' and that film did $75 million. I'm not ashamed. I also like �Million Dollar Baby' and �Ray.' But I don't like everything. I did not like �Sideways.'�

Edwards Quits KC Film Circle. Cites Jealousy On Members!
�They're not trying to support the totality of cinema and a diverse viewpoint,� Edwards says. �To me it's nothing but a big clique of film geeks � that's why I resigned. I'm not going to be a part of that. I don't need to be a part of a group that supports negativity.� �If they want to fire arrows at me, that's fine, but I think they're firing arrows out of jealousy and envy,� Edwards counters. �If I like a movie or don't like a movie, fine, who cares? Why are they so concerned over what my views are? I don't understand what's been done that's wrong. I mean movies and quotes go together like 7-Elevens and Slurpees.� The Film Snobs Respond To Edwards

And Edwards Responds Back
I give them credit, at least they're watching,� Edwards quips. �But obviously they didn't pay that close attention because we did a 10 worst (movies) last year and I didn't not like �Sideways,' I gave it a three (out of five).� (Editor�s Note: Upon review of the actual tape where Shawn reviews Sideways, he gives it a TWO out of five, NOT THREE!)

Compliments of Pitch.com

SEE A CLIP OF SHAWN EDWARDS (RIGHT HERE)
OR READ ABOUT HIS DRUNKEN ESCAPADE AT THE PITCH MUSIC AWARDS
OR THIS EMBARRASSING COLUMN

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:03 pm; edited 16 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEL AMOS
(SheKnows.com / MovieFanatic.com)
(2010 - THE PETE HAMMOND SLOPPY SECONDS AWARD WINNER!)
(2011 - THE PETE HAMMOND SLOPPY SECONDS AWARD WINNER!)
(2012 - THE PETER TRAVERS QUOTE WHORE OF THE YEAR!)
(2013 - Whore Ranking - #6)
(2014 - 14 Quotes)

QUOTES
"A terrific thrill ride. An absolute blast!" (Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit)
"A comic adventure for all ages." (The Lego Movie)
"Epic" (Pompeii)
"Riveting" (Draft Day)
"Powerful. Riveting" (Transcendence)
"Genius. One of the best movies of the year. Chadwick Boseman is like a hurricane. An astounding achievement." (Get On Up)
"Fun for the whole family." (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
"Powerful." (If I Stay)
"The coolest action movie of the summer. It's explosive." (Sin City: A Dame To Kill For)
"One of the best movies of 2014! Simon Pegg is a revelation! Hilarious and absolutely stunning." (Hector and the Search for Happiness)
"The first great thriller of the fall. Sensational, riveting, & powerful " (A Walk Among the Tombstones)
"The first must see movie of fall. Riveting. Powerful. Action-packed. Denzel delivers like never before." (The Equalizer)
"Will leave you breathless." (Whiplash)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:08 am; edited 11 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: JEFFREY LYONS Reply with quote

JEFFREY LYONS
(WNBC-TV)
Bio
(2002 Whore Ranking - #4)
(2003 Whore Ranking � #5)
(2004 Whore Ranking � #9)
(2005 Whore Ranking � #3)
(2006 - THE KEVIN THOMAS SLOPPY SECONDS AWARD WINNER)
(2007 Whore Ranking � #4)
(2008 Whore Ranking � #10)
(2009 Whore Ranking � #3)
(2010 - 18 Quotes)
(2011 - 20 Quotes)
(2012 - PETE HAMMOND SLOPPY SECONDS AWARD WINNER)
(2013 - 9 Quotes)
(2014 - 15 Quotes)

QUOTES
"Funny & witty! For kids of all ages!" (The Nut Job)
"The perfect date movie." (Winter's Tale)
"It's the most charming film of the year." (Girl on the Bicycle)
"A riveting thriller." (In Secret)
"This is a powerful, compelling movie." (No God No Master)
"An astonishing, powerful story...makes for first-rate drama." (The German Doctor)
"Charming." (The Discoverers)
"Loveable characters, romance, a bit of heartache...Everything you love about French cinema is here! A most engaging story I never wanted to end." (Chinese Puzzle)
"Ceaselessly charming! It gets sweeter and more delicious by the frame." (Le Chef)
"This generation's E.T." (Earth to Echo)
"An unforgettable thrill ride!" (James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge)
"Simply wonderful. Three great pros in perfect synch. Bravo!" (My Old Lady)
"What a joy! It's a must-not-miss for everyone." (Hector and the Search for Happiness)
"Deeply poignant and superbly acted. One of the best films of the fall." (You're Not You)
"A crackling mystery with on-point performances." (Before I Go To Sleep)

Hollywood Elsewhere 2/4/03 (Movie Poop Shoot)
"Jeffrey Lyons has the most bizarre taste in the business, but is utterly sincere." -- New York magazine editor

"Jeffrey Lyons�I never trust in the flat-footed, flaccid category.�Los Angeles-based columnist and freelancer.

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:28 pm; edited 7 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: MARK S. ALLEN Reply with quote

MARK S. ALLEN
(KMAX-TV/UPN-TV (Sacramento))
Bio / Interviews / E-Mail
(2002 Whore Ranking - #11)
(2003 Whore Ranking - #7)
(2004 Whore Ranking - #6)
(2005 - 14 Quotes)
(2006 Whore Ranking - Runner-Up to the Top 10)

(2007 Whore Ranking - #6)
(2008 PETER TRAVERS WHORE OF THE YEAR)
(2009 - 11 Quotes)
(2010 Whore Ranking - #5)
(2011 Whore Ranking - #3)
(2012 Whore Ranking - #3)
(2013 Whore Ranking - #8)
(2014 - 7 Quotes)

He Called Soul Men "Perhaps the best buddy picture ever!-
Mark S. Allen - Don't You Have A Soul?

QUOTES
"Absolutely the funniest comedy in years." (Ride Along)
"Not since The Notebook has a movie been so inspiring, heartwarming and satisfying." (Labor Day)
"Amazing." (Pompeii)
"Mind-blowing. Thought-provoking" (Transcendence)
"The perfect date movie" (Sex Tape)
"Hysterical. Awesome. Even better than the first!" (Horrible Bosses 2)
"Epic storytelling at its absolute finest. There has not been a more breathtaking or wondrous movie journey ever made." (The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:04 am; edited 4 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: MOSE PERSICO Reply with quote

MOSE PERSICO
(CFCF-TQS, Canada/Entertainment Spotlight)
(2002 Whore Ranking - Unranked)
(2003 Whore Ranking - #11)
(2004 Whore Ranking - #4)
(2005 - 10 Quotes)
(2006 - 6 Quotes)
(2007 - 7 Quotes)
(2008 - 6 Quotes)
(2009 - 4 Quotes)
(2010 - 5 Quotes)
(2011 - 5 Quotes)
(2012 - 5 Quotes)
(2013 - 3 Quotes)
(2014 - 5 Quotes)

QUOTES
"Action-packed. Exciting and thought-provoking." (Divergent)
"Intense and intelligent." (Transcendence)
"Powerful. Amazing and original." (Godzilla)
"Charming." (Blended)
"Sensational." (Jersey Boys)
"A perfect end to an unforgettable journey." (The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies)

BELIEVE IT OR NOT - MOSE HAS (OR HAD) A FAN CLUB!
(Mose Persico Official Fan Club) (E-mail them at WeLoveMose@yahoo.com)

SEE A CLIP OF MOSE PERSICO (RIGHT HERE)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: BILL BREGOLI Reply with quote

[img]http://www.efilmcritic.com/images/users/198/BillBregoli[/img]
BILL BREGOLI
(Westwood One Radio Networks / CBS Radio)
(2002 Whore Ranking - One to Watch in 2003)
(2003 - 13 Quotes)
(2004 - 6 Quotes)
(2005 - Whore Ranking #6)
(2006 - 9 Quotes)
(2007 - THE KEVIN THOMAS SLOPPY SECONDS AWARD WINNER)
(2008 - 8 Quotes)
(2009 - 3 Quotes)
(2010 - 0 Quotes)
(2011 - 5 Quotes)
(2012 - 1 Quote)
(2013 - 5 Quotes)
(2014 - 6 Quotes)

QUOTES
"The year's first must see movie." (Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit)
"A howling good time. The Dogfather of all comedies." (Mr. Peabody & Sherman)
"A 3D spectacular not to be missed. Bigger, bolder and badder." (300: Rise of an Empire)
"Witty. Wonderful." (The Fault In Our Stars)
"The funniest sequel ever made." (22 Jump Street)
"Reinvents the epic. Christian Bale is bold and brilliant! A human story on an epic scale. Witness a hero's inspirational journey that changed the world." (Exodus: Gods and Kings)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:07 pm; edited 6 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: GREG RUSSELL Reply with quote

GREG RUSSELL
(WB-TV)
Flix & Pix TV Website
(2004 Whore Ranking - #3)
(2005 - 8 Quotes)
(2006 - 6 Quotes)
(2007 - 14 Quotes)
(2008 - 4 Quotes)
(2009 Whore Ranking - #10)
(2010 Whore Ranking - #6)
(2011 - 4 Quotes)
(2012 Whore Ranking - #9)
(2013 Whore Ranking - #5)
(2014 - 2 Quotes)

QUOTES
"Thrilling. Edge-of-your-seat excitement." (Divergent)
"Draft Day is the #1 pick." (Draft Day)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:49 am; edited 3 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: MARIA SALAS Reply with quote

MARIA SALAS
(Telemundo/Gems Television)
NBC6 - South Florida Today
(2005 - 9 Quotes)
(2006 Whore Ranking - #5)
(2007 - 8 Quotes)
(2008 - 1 Quote)
(2009 Whore Ranking - #6)
(2010 Whore Ranking - #8)
(2011 Whore Ranking - #9)
(2012 Whore Ranking - #5)
(2013 - The Pete Hammond Sloppy Seconds Award Winner)
(2014 - 6 Quotes)

QUOTES
"Breathtaking." (Divergent)
"Smartest" (A Million Ways To Die In the West)
"An instant classic." (If I Stay)
"One of the best movies of the year." (The Judge)
"Outrageous" (Horrible Bosses 2)
"One of the best movies of the year. Fantastic." (The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:56 am; edited 6 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: CINDY PEARLMAN Reply with quote

CINDY PEARLMAN
(Chicago Sun-Times)
(2009 - 2 Quotes)
(2010 - 1 Quote)
(2011 - 6 Quotes)
(2012 - Quote Whore Ranking #10)
(2013 - Quote Whore Ranking #7)
(2014 - 4 Quotes)

QUOTES
"Stunning. Moving. A beautiful love story for the ages." (Winter's Tale)
"Laugh-out-loud. Funny." (Blended)
"One of the best films of the summer." (Jersey Boys)
"Inspiring." (If I Stay)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:37 am; edited 3 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: NANCY JAY Reply with quote

NANCY JAY
(Daybreak USA)
(2009 - 1 Quote)
(2010 - 1 Quote)
(2011 - 1 Quote)
(2012 - 2 Quotes)
(2013 - 8 Quotes)
(2014 - 6 Quotes)

QUOTES
"Pure entertainment. Costner at his best." (Draft Day)
"Jaw-dropping. An instant classic." (Godzilla)
"Genuine. Perfect." (Blended)
"Melissa McCarthy does it again." (Tammy)
"My favorite film this year!" (Wish I Was Here)
"This is one of the best movies of the year." (This Is Where I Leave You)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:41 am; edited 4 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: AVI OFFER Reply with quote

AVI OFFER
(The NYC Movie Guru)
(2007 - 8 Quotes)
(2008 - 6 Quotes)
(2009 - Whore Ranking #8)
(2010 - Whore Ranking #9)
(2011 - 2 Quotes)
(2012 - 8 Quotes)
(2013 - Whore Ranking #3)
(2014 - 11 Quotes)

QUOTES
"Enormously entertaining." (The Nut Job)
"Powerful. A triumph!" (Gimme Shelter)
"Spellbinding, intelligent and suspenseful. Jessica Lange delivers a magnificent, mesmerizing performance." (In Secret)
"One of the best family dramas in years." (Small Time)
"Oz is magical. Kids will love it." (Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return)
"A delightful, breezy and outrageously funny slice of mindless entertainment with a charming cast…It will leave you with a smile on your face" (The Love Punch)
"Exhilarating! Magical! Awe-inspiring! Thrilling!" (Earth to Echo)
"An explosive, edge-of-your-seat thriller. Pierce Brosnan at his best!" (The November Man)
"Eye-opening" (Pump)
"Enlightening! Fascinating! Profound! It will nourish your heart, mind and soul!" (Awake)
"Night at the Museum is hilarious. Perfect for the holidays!" (Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:53 pm; edited 8 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: KEVIN STEINCROSS Reply with quote

KEVIN STEINCROSS
(KTVI-TV (Fox) / Kevin's Blog)
(2007 - 5 Quotes)
(2008 - 3 Quotes)
(2009 - 3 Quotes)
(2010 - 5 Quotes)
(2011 - 6 Quotes)
(2012 - 3 Quotes)
(2013 - 5 Quotes)
(2014 - 3 Quotes)

QUOTES
"Fierce and fantastic. An action-packed thriller you don't want to end." (Divergent)
"Thrilling." (Jersey Boys)
"So good you'll want to go back for seconds." (The Hundred Foot Journey)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: JEFF CRAIG Reply with quote

JEFF CRAIG
(Sixty Second Preview)
(2003 - 7 Quotes)
(2007 - 13 Quotes)
(2008 - 10 Quotes)
(2009 Whore Ranking - #5)
(2010 Whore Ranking - #10)
(2011 Whore Ranking - #4)
(2012 Whore Ranking - #8)
(2013 Whore Ranking - #9)
(2014 - 2 Quotes)

QUOTES
"Hilarious family adventure” (Rio 2)
"Absolute knockout." (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes)

READ ABOUT JEFF CRAIG IN TIME MAGAZINE
Attack of the Blurbmeisters

*** - This is the only known photo of Jeff Craig. Because no evidence of him exists so we made it up. Feels appropriate.

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: JIM FERGUSON Reply with quote

JIM FERGUSON
(FOX-TV/ KMSB-TV)
(2002 Whore Ranking - One to Watch in 2003
(2003 Whore Ranking - #8)
(2004 KEVIN THOMAS SLOPPY SECONDS AWARD WINNER!)
(2005 - 12 Quotes)
(2006 Whore Ranking - #6)
(2007 Whore Ranking - #5)
(2008 Whore Ranking - #3)
(2009 - 11 Quotes)
(2010 - 9 Quotes)
(2011 - 4 Quotes)
(2012 - 2 Quotes)
(2013 - 2 Quotes)
(2014 - 6 Quotes)

(Ferguson wins the 2011 Bag O'Douche Award)

QUOTES
"An outstanding, intense drama." (Draft Day)
"Adam and Drew do it again." (Blended)
"Action packed. Highly entertaining." (Hercules)
"Really intense. Amazing special effects." (Into the Storm)
"Much more than football. This is a story about life." (When the Game Stands Tall)
"Fun and funny." (Dolphin Tale 2)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: STEVE OLDFIELD Reply with quote

STEVE OLDFIELD
(FOX-TV)
(2004 - 8 Quotes)
(2005 - 7 Quotes)
(2006 - 9 Quotes)
(2007 - Whore Ranking #10)
(2008 - Whore Ranking #8)
(2009 - 3 Quotes)
(2010 - 1 Quote)
(2011-13 - 0 Quotes)
(2014 - 4 Quotes)

QUOTES
"Explosive. Powerhouse." (Pompeii)
"Perfectly captures the spirit of the book." (Heaven Is For Real)
"It's Hoosiers meets Friday Night Lights" (When the Game Stands Tall)
"****. One of the best films of the year. Jeremy Renner delivers an Oscar-caliber performance. Smartly directed. A must-see movie." (Kill the Messenger)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: SCOTT CARTY Reply with quote

SCOTT CARTY
(NBC-TV / ABC-TV / Komo-TV)
(2013 - 1 Quote)
(2014 - 5 Quotes)

QUOTES
"Honest, exact and riveting." (Godzilla)
"Awesome" (Blended)
"Hilarious, heartwarming and inspiring! Perfect performances by Braff, Hudson, Patinkin, King and Gad." (Wish I Was Here)
" A true classic. A riveting story with layers of deep characters, heartbreak and laughs." (The Judge)
"They're back and even crazier." (Horrible Bosses 2)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:51 am; edited 5 times in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: MIKE SARGENT Reply with quote

MIKE SARGENT
(WBAI Radio / Niteshift)
Niteshift Radio (with Mike Sargent)
(2003 - 9 Quotes)
(2004 � 3 Quotes)
(2005 - 4 Quotes)
(2007 - 6 Quotes)
(2008 - 3 Quotes)
(2009 - 4 Quotes)
(2010 - 8 Quotes)
(2011 - 5 Quotes)
(2012 - 2 Quotes)
(2013 - 3 Quotes)
(2014 - 3 Quotes)

QUOTES
"Romantic and unforgettable! Hauntingly real and emotionally charged." (Third Person)
"Like fine wine, Keaton, Douglas and Reiner just get better over time." (And So It Goes)
"Action packed...and chock full of surprises!" (The November Man)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: MANNY DELA ROSA Reply with quote

MANNY "THE MOVIE GUY" DELA ROSA
(NBC-TV / CW/San Francisco)
(2008 - One To Watch in 2009!)
(2009 - 2 Quotes!)
(2010 - 0 Quotes!)
(2011 - 6 Quotes!)
(2012 - 2 Quotes!)
(2013 - 5 Quotes!)
(2014 - 2 Quotes)

QUOTES
"Charming" (Blended)
"The best animated film of the year!" (The Boxtrolls)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Mon May 11, 2015 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: KELLI GILLESPIE Reply with quote

KELLI GILLESPIE
(XETV-TV San Diego)
(2007 - 4 Quotes)
(2008 - 2 Quotes)
(2009 - 4 Quotes)
(2010 - 4 Quotes)
(2011 - 2 Quotes)
(2012 - 0 Quotes[/url])
([url=http://www.hollywoodbitchslap.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=85938#85938]2013 - 1 Quote)
(2014 - 2 Quotes)

QUOTES
"A must-see. Captivating from the first frame." (Divergent)
"Inspiring." (Dolphin Tale 2)
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: TONY TOSCANO Reply with quote

TONY TOSCANO
(KJZZ-TV/Talking Pictures)
Talking Pictures (Home Page)
Bio(Home Page)
Movie Reviews (Rotten Tomatoes)

(2003 Whore Ranking � #12)
(2004 - 15 Quotes)
(2005 - 6 Quotes)
(2006 - 8 Quotes)
(2007 - 4 Quotes)
(2008 - 2 Quotes)
(2009 - 2 Quotes)
(2010 - 5 Quotes)
(2011 - 3 Quotes)
(2012 - 4 Quotes)
(2013 - 6 Quotes)
(2014 - 1 Quote)

QUOTES
"Epic" (Divergent)

Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: DEBBIE LYNN ELIAS Reply with quote

DEBBIE LYNN ELIAS
(Culver City Observer)
(2012 - 3 Quotes)
(2013 - 5 Quotes)
(2014 - 8 Quotes)

QUOTES
"Laugh out loud funny!" (The Nut Job)
"At Middleton is a love story for the mature audience and a life lesson for everyone." (At Middleton)
"A must see film for 2014. Cusack and De Niro dazzle." (The Bag Man)
"Mesmerizing. Magical." (Maleficent)
"It sizzles with cinematic texture." (The Hundred Foot Journey)
"Intense. Wildly entertaining." (Sin City: A Dame To Kill For)
"The best love story since The Notebook. The Best of Me is the best love story of the year." (The Best of Me)
"The family film of the holiday. They will steal your heart and everything else you own. Hilarious is just the tip of the iceberg" (The Penguins of Madagascar)

Last edited by Erik The Movieman on Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: CHRIS TILLY Reply with quote

CHRIS TILLY
(IGN)
(2012 - 1 Quote)
(2014 - 3 Quotes)

QUOTES
"Hugely entertaining! An acting and directing tour de force that holds the viewer in its vice-like grip from start to finish." (Grand Piano)
"Testosterone-fueled fun." (The Expendables 3)
"The film truly delivers." (John Wick)
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: PAUL SALFEN Reply with quote

[img]http://www.efilmcritic.com/images/users/198/PaulSalfen[/img]
PAUL SALFEN
(Fox Sports Dallas / Inside Entertainment)
(2013 - 1 Quote)
(2014 - 4 Quotes)

QUOTES
"Kevin Costner is the king of great sports movies. Draft Day is another winner!" (Draft Day)
"Best superhero movie ever." (X-Men: Days of Future Past)
"It will make you feel alive." (The Fault In Our Stars)
"The family film of the holiday season." (The Penguins of Madagascar)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> Criticwatch All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: