Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eight Legged Freaks: BOMB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 4:01 pm    Post subject: BOMB Reply with quote

...as in it made NO money.

That goddam Dana Carvey comedy made more money than 8LF.

So here's what happens now:

Studio Exec: "People stayed far away from our "new" genre product like Eight Legged Freaks and Reign of Fire. Why?"

Lackey: "They were too busy seeing Adam Sandler Men in Black Austin Powers Stuart Little 2 Scooby-Doo."

Studio Exec: "Ok, point taken: NO MORE MOVIES that aren't sequels, remakes, remakes of sequels, sequels to remakes, video game ripoffs, lazy-ass star vehicles, or Hanna-Barbera adaptations. Period. Why risk the money?"

Lackey: "Good point. Summer 2004: MIB3: Sheep PAY to see commericals!, Mr. Deeds goes to the Potty, Stuart Little 3: Small Mouse, Scooby-Doo 2: Death to Culture, and XXXX: One Extra X! Fuck these 'newer' ideas."

Again, here's a list of 2002 releases that enjoyed a larger payday than this ridiculously enjoyable Giant Spider romp:

Super Troopers
The Master of Disguise
Rollerball
Van Wilder
Hart's War
All About the Benjamins
The Sweetest Thing
The New Guy
The Crocodile Hunter
Halloween: Resurrection
Bad Company
Queen of the Damned
Dragonfly

...and anything else that brought in over $16.3 million in total at the B.O.

I know, I know: Why am I getting all huffy over some spider movie that bombed?

Because I like monster movies, and this movie's failure will probably prevent more of 'em from being made. Plus, it's an infinitely better film than HALF the movies that have cracked $100 million this summer.

In my mind, that's just fuckin' sad.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: