Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Remove Shawn Edwards!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawnmustgo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:11 am    Post subject: Help Remove Shawn Edwards!!!! Reply with quote

Reliable sources have informed us that one of the top ranking quote whores, Shawn Edwards of WDAF-TV in Kansas City, is about to get blown out the door. If you think his glowing quotes for bad movies suck, you should see him on television!

Here's how you can help: WDAF is wanting to hear from the audience just what they think about Edwards as they enter November sweeps. Send an email to wdaftv4@wdaftv4.com and let then know what you think about Mr. Edwards. You can also call the station at (816) 753-4567 (ask to speak to the news director) or fax the News Director at (816) 561-4181.

Here's your chance to strike a blow for decent movies everywhere! Here's to a Shawn Edwards free 2004!
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually happy to have him remain in Kansas City. Whores like Edwards have a tendency to pop up after a sacking in bigger jobs, with even more influence. Ask Elvis Mitchell how he was run out of Detroit before he was deemed Times-worthy some day...

Ah, heck with it. I'll email.
Chris1992

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly has Shawn Edwards done to warrant such ire,if you don't mind my asking?
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy is easier to please than Ronald Reagan and a handful of jellybeans.

http://www.hollywoodbitchslap.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13448#13448

No one this easy can be trustworthy and he's a junket whore which is the scourge of the industry.
Chris1992

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a look at the thread in question...after reading some of Edwards' quotes,your antipathy towards him is a lot easier for me to understand.
Nicki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: remove shawn edwards Reply with quote

Okay, I live in Kansas City and watch Fox 4 News regularly and Edwards is a young and exciting. He is also very knowledgeable about films. You guys are a bunch of losers who have nothing better to do than but scan newspapers for quotes in ads. STOP HATIN'! Edwards is nice and has skills and from what I can see he isn't praising anything that every other critic isn't screamin' about. Get a life and let this very talented film critic do his thing. It's rare that African Americans get to represent in this industry and this guy does it better than must of these blow torches out here talking about movies. Keep up the good work kid. We have your back in KC. Go Chiefs!!!

Nicki
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatin'? Are you nuts? Anyone who can say the following should not be allowed anywhere near a teleprompter.

Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle – You won’t have more fun at any other movie – period.
Legally Blonde 2 – Absolutely delightful! Reese Witherspoon has done it again.
Bad Boys II - …Year’s most action-packed and high-flying flick.
Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star - Insanely funny!...off the chart comedy. You'll laugh your head off.
Radio – A powerful film that will truly move you. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll stand up and cheer.

I mean, Jesus - Dickie Roberts will make you laugh your head off? It's not even a clever sell-out, it's just a straight out Dittmanesque golf clap. Everyone on this board should send one of those emails and win one for the guys that are waiting for Edwards' job who aren't sell-outs.
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got this back from the News Director at Fox Kansas City.

Chris,
Shawn has a co-host and they frequently disagree. Viewers can decide for themselves which critic more closely aligns with their sensibilities.
Here's a list of negative/low reviews given by Shawn on our air in recent
weeks. These are ratings on 1-5 popcorn bags.

Bryan McGruder
V.P., News
WDAF-TV

0 BAGS:
- "In The Cut"
- "Medallion"
- "Gigli"
- "Hollywood Homicide"

1 BAG:
- "Out of Time"
- "Thirteen"
- "S.W.A.T."
- "Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas"
- "Alex & Emma"
- "The Recruit"

2 BAGS:
- "Duplex"
- "Anything Else"
- "Fighting Temptations"
- "The Lizzie McGuire Movie"
- "Tomb Raiders 2"
- "How To Deal"
-----
Aaw, isn't that cute? He uses popcorn bags as his rating system. Sweet.
And he MUST be a great journalist if he didn't like Gigli, Tomb Raider 2 (much) and In The Cut.

Hang on, he gave Tomb Raider 2 TWO STARS?

Hack.
shawnmustgo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject: He's not only a whore, he's a STUPID whore Reply with quote

First of all, to "Niki": roll over and tell Shawn to go take a couple of diction courses. Aside from being a terrible critic he has no presence on the screen. He has no business being on television or radio.

Speaking of radio, I just listened to one of his regular radio gigs that he shares with other Kansas City critics. This twit not only tried to defend MATRIX REVOLUTIONS, he called the Matrix trilogy the best film trilogy ever made. Better than Star Wars and Lord of the Rings (which he called "boring").

The guy must be gunning for the big type on the Matrix Boxed Set.

Young and exciting? So is an 18 year old Asian hooker but I wouldn't trust her opinions on where to spend my money, either.

Shawn sucks. The world will be a better place when he's gone from the business and the only thing he gets to say to the public is "would you like fries with that?".
shawnmustgo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Oz - aren't some of those "negative" reviews films that he got quoted on? I seem to remember seeing his name in the advertising for some of those movies.

Another problem with Edwards - he's got an obvious agenda. If a film has a predominantly Black cast, he gives it rave reviews, even if it sucks.

Short form - the guy is just a bad critic who is more interested in getting himself in front of an audience to stroke his own ego than he is being a real critic. He might have been one once but now it's all about being a "personality".
Chris1992

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: remove shawn edwards Reply with quote

Nicki wrote:
Okay, I live in Kansas City and watch Fox 4 News regularly and Edwards is a young and exciting. He is also very knowledgeable about films. You guys are a bunch of losers who have nothing better to do than but scan newspapers for quotes in ads. STOP HATIN'! Edwards is nice and has skills and from what I can see he isn't praising anything that every other critic isn't screamin' about. Get a life and let this very talented film critic do his thing. It's rare that African Americans get to represent in this industry and this guy does it better than must of these blow torches out here talking about movies. Keep up the good work kid. We have your back in KC. Go Chiefs!!!

Nicki

With all due respect,Nicki,most of the critics HATED "Dickie Roberts".Heck,the Boston Globe and Boston Herald both agree that it's a total waste of celluloid,and they almost never agree on anything.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: