Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reign of Fire: Dragon big, fire hot, movie suck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 11:41 pm    Post subject: Dragon big, fire hot, movie suck. Reply with quote

Am I right? Twisted Evil

Oz - asking.
Maegs
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 12:01 am    Post subject: i don't like when the subject appears so small Reply with quote

I will be seeing it tomorrow morning. I'll try to have my review posted quickly afterwards.
I don't really want to go, but it has Christian Bale and I am therefore under a compulsion to see the movie.

-M
no will
of my own
DavidKF

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dragons, hot fires, and huge p(l)otholes....
but really, as far as futuristic dragon flicks go, it was not bad, not great, but what the hell.
The thing I liked most was 'history' of how the big mean things got up to dance every few millenia and made the world a squeaky clean place, I mean think about it....no ash at all.

Now if someone would invent a monster that could survive on the dustballs under my bed....

Cheers
TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Am I right?

Hmmm....

If only there were a website that offered reviews for movies, movies not unlike this Reign of Fire of which you speak... Rolling Eyes

Here's the report card so far:

Movieman 3/5 - He liked bits and pieces, wanted more dragons

Snider and myself - 4/5 - Fun genre stuff and nothing more.

Your eventual analysis - "Bah. Dumb. Aussie dragons are tougher".

Stop trolling this fine action flick and get back to your damn Twilight Zone marathon!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheAngryJew wrote:

Stop trolling this fine action flick and get back to your damn Twilight Zone marathon!

"Fine action flick"? McConaughey has only made one good movie in the past 5 years. That was Frailty (that's in my top 3, but still), but out of about 12 movies he's had 3 good ones.

Not to mention the fact that looks like cliched crap.

And wouldn't it be more of a sci-fi flick?
TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused. Why would you knock me for liking a film that you haven't even seen yet? The Internet has prepared me for comments like "U R NUTz! This moviee sucked!" but I have no response to your comments.

And yeah, I suppose the movie WOULD be considered sci-fi...if there were any science-fiction in it.
MsAsh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 11:42 am    Post subject: Let me put it this way... Reply with quote

Oz wrote:
Am I right? Twisted Evil

Oz - asking.

One fellow was so frustrated and pissed that he kicked his chair, before leaving the theater. The campers were not happy, as they silently fled the auditorium.
Kyle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno. It doesn't look too good... but I pretty much only trust the reviews here. Fuck Ebert. If I get the chance, I'll see this...
Crunchyfrog

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 6:28 pm    Post subject: what were you expecting? Reply with quote

Merchant Ivory?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: