Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forcing Hannibal to Accept Jesus was more entertaining

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss Horror

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Forcing Hannibal to Accept Jesus was more entertaining Reply with quote

Movie: Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

In respect of those who are fans of this movie, I understand that if Attack of the Killer Tomatoes had never been filmed, that life would not be as we know it. But as for me....THIS IS THE SHITTIEST, MOST BORING, RIDICULOUS MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!

I literally, and I do mean literally forced myself to finish it. At one point I simply hit the forward button and glared menacingly into the screen of torture.

As far as being funny? I chuckled once in the beginning when they were cramming themselves into the little room, and I think I smiled when the Japanese man had the voice over.

I felt like Hannibal when he was being forced to watch the Christian channel from his cell.

Some movies are funny in their time. And to appreciate them for what they were meant to be, we would have had to watch them while they were somewhat new. Late 70's. Early 80's. MAAYYYBBBEE even early 90's had a classic or 2. But from now on, when someone says "What?!? You've never seen ~ add movie here ~ ?!? Oh my god, you HAVE to watch that!!" I will politely refrain from shooting them in the face.

Jack Sommersby
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like it, either; in fact, I remember turning it off after no more than 15 minutes.
Miss Horror

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya! I've done that a time or two. Sometimes I hang on just to see how it ends.
Jack Sommersby
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a lot like I am with a lot of cult classics in that a lot of them are quirky for the sole sake of being quirky without much in the way of actual wit to back it up. Another prime example is the execrable "The American Astronaut".
Miss Horror

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've ever seen American Astronaut. I watched Dogma a few weeks ago because I had heard that it was so funny. I hated it. One movie I did finally watch, though, was Pulp Fiction. Now that's a whole different story. But in my opinion, you can't go wrong with Tarantino. The older I get, the less funny even classics I used to love are. I've seen The Breakfast Club, 80 times too many. The smooth, suave vampire of Fright Night, is now goofy and silly looking. I know I'll still check out movies just for the knowing. Curiosity killed the cat! I love realistic scary movies. Anything you would recommend?
Jack Sommersby
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, for "realistic horror" I can recommend 1973's The Wicker Man (not the awful 2006 remake) and Session 9 off the top of my head.
Rob Gonsalves
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything that tries so hard to consciously be a cult movie is not a cult movie. No self-respecting cult-movie fan will give Attack of the Killer Tomatoes the time of day.

However, there's an outside chance that the three sequels have a small purchase on legit cult-movie status because John Astin is in them.

- Iris Barry, Let's Go to the Movies, 1926
----------
Shoot him again. His soul is still dancing.
Jack Sommersby
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a similar complaint I have with Wild at Heart, which comes off like a third-rate Lynch enthusiast trying desperately to make a Lynch film for the sole sake of doing so and raining a downpour of weirdness onto the proceedings at each and every turn so as to keep the audience off-kilter throughout.
Mr.Dark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Return of the Killer Tomatoes Reply with quote

Return of the Killer Tomatoes gave us the lovely Karen Mistal and for that all the sins of the entire series are forgiven.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: