Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Thai movie "Dorm" is absolutely phenomenal!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss Horror

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: The Thai movie "Dorm" is absolutely phenomenal! Reply with quote

The movie is "Dorm". 2006 Thailand (english subtitles)

I was held captive early on and the movie never let go. In one scene in the beginning, I thought, oh no! Not the long black hair asian ghost thing! (like grudge). But I was corrected immediately. The movie isn't cliche at all. It's about a 12 year old boy who's sent to a boy's school and starts to be visited by a ghost. It moves at a steady pace and leaves no stone unturned. The best 111 minutes of my life!

I will admit I busted out laughing at a mistake in the movie...a shadowy hand reached out to touch his shoulder....You can see the 3 human fingers on the "Shadow man's" hand!!

Even the acting is impressive. Very impressive.

Great movie
curl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell I was not expecting it even.
Mr.Dark

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Well... Reply with quote

Researched it and it looks like a coming of age thing but ghost becomes his buddy and he has to help him "move on".

So I figure we have What Lies Beneath (or a cheap ripoff of it like Gothika) or the Ring (or a cheap ripoff off of it like Dark Water). This was old hat when I saw Lady in White a hundred years ago.

This boy with a ghost buddy, is he just like the boy with the vampire buddy in Let Me In? I will admit.. the description ain't doing it for me.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: