Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lost
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
natasha_theobald
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No new episode next week. The season finale isn't until May.
David Cornelius
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sure? I thought it was next week. Then again, I refuse to watch the "coming next week" previews, so I probably missed something.

Dave
natasha_theobald
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to TiVo, "Lost" has the following upcoming episodes:

4/13 "Special" - Michael and Locke clash over Walt's upbringing, which leads to violence and a reappearance of the mysterious island beast.

4/20 "Outlaws" - Kate and Sawyer bond as they search for a wild boar that Sawyer swears is harrassing him; Hurley and Sayid worry that Charlie is losing it after his brush with death; a shocking prior connection between Sawyer and Jack is revealed.

It could be wrong, but it usually isn't.
natasha_theobald
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Futon Critic's calendar, the last "Lost" is set to air May 25, with the two hour finale.
David Cornelius
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ass.
MrTinkles
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those "Lost" episodes in the next two weeks are reruns. Or, that is, the episode descriptions sound like reruns.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I just watched episode 2 (thank god they're doing a summer repeat of this, cuz I totally missed the boat before). The show was pretty intriguing, until they recieved that mysterious transmission.

Now this thing has got me by the fucking BALLS

I always was a sucker for "mysterious transmissions" Very Happy
Luke Pyzik
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude - just wait till the fouth (I think) episode - the one that focuses on mysterious John Locke.

The kung fu nutgrip will be unavoidable.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEW EPISODE TOMORROW NIGHT!

well, new to me, anyway.
Ayla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere else that the Lost DVDs will have deleted scenes. Greg Grunberg (the pilot) is supposed to be in at least one. I wonder if they will film any with Michelle Rodriguez? (I think that is the new cast member's name)
David Cornelius
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DVD set will include a new short thingy filmed directly for the DVD, in which we see what happened in the plane right before the crash. Should be fun.

Dave
JaySeaver
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, it's so cute to see people all excited about how great this show is before it develops X-Files syndrome.
TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha!

What the fuck do you mean "before"???
JaySeaver
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, McKay's only seen the pilot so far. At that point, it certainly seemed like a smart, well-plotted show whose mysteries had rational explanations that would be revealed at the appropriate time. And it may very well have been that when it first started. It took a month or so to really start to evolve into a well-acted but otherwise ridiculous mess.
TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched it dutifully every week, and I'll continue to do so next season, but -- -show's a fucking cheater. And a blue-baller. In a big way.
JaySeaver
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheAngryJew wrote:
I watched it dutifully every week, and I'll continue to do so next season, but -- -show's a fucking cheater. And a blue-baller. In a big way.

It's going to be on at the same time as Veronica Mars this fall. Make the switch. I'm reasonably confident Mars won't pull anything nearly as stupid as magic numbers. Or, really, anything stupid at all.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheAngryJew wrote:

Aw man, don't kill my buzz. I hate when shows pull that shit. That's why I got sick of Twin Peaks (and was actually glad when they pulled the plug).

The blue balling I can handle for a while, but I hate outright cheating.
Ayla

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed I feel silly asking this...

I know what blue balls mean in the conventional slang, but how do you apply it to a TV show? Is it supposed to mean it gets you all worked up and excited about something with no quick pay off? I can kind of understand that, I guess, considering all the dangling threads after the finale.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly what it means.

Is there a female equivalent of Blue balls? Very Happy
TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. It's called "marriage."
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Men were always the ones complaining that the sex stops when the marriage begins.
Luke Pyzik
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only in sitcoms, my friend. The only show to ever get it right was "Married With Children."

But anyway, about "Lost," maybe I'm being too naive, but I actually trust the guys running this show. Not Abrahms, but the actuall guys running it, like Lindehoff (sp?) and Fury, who, according to every interview out there, are very aware of "X-files" syndrome, and as fans themselves, will do what they can to avoid it.

I can't deny that it's been a "blue ball" fest so far, but it's only been one season, and I have a feeling we'll get some nice payoffs next year. Or maybe I'm just a sucker.

And EVERYONE should be catching up with "Veronica Mars" this summer. Not only is Kristin Bell the hottest piece of ass on TV, but that show is an absolute blast.
JaySeaver
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke Pyzik wrote:
But anyway, about "Lost," maybe I'm being too naive, but I actually trust the guys running this show. Not Abrahms, but the actuall guys running it, like Lindehoff (sp?) and Fury, who, according to every interview out there, are very aware of "X-files" syndrome, and as fans themselves, will do what they can to avoid it.

The actual showrunner is Carlton Cuse, and I'm not sure where my trust is where he's concerned. On the one hand, he co-created arguably the best TV show of the 1990s (Brisco County Junior), but that really feels more like Jeffery Boam's thing. Nash Bridges and Black Sash were both unremarkable-to-goofy; Martial Law was kind of bland under him, but the guys who took it over were far, far worse. So, I guess he's basically burned through the expectation of great things he initially earned with Brisco.

Luke Pyzik wrote:
And EVERYONE should be catching up with "Veronica Mars" this summer. Not only is Kristin Bell the hottest piece of ass on TV, but that show is an absolute blast.

Yeah (although Ms. Bell seems a bit young for me). Still, this show is how you do the mystery on TV - each episode was a good story on its own, and built up the macrostory. Then the finale comes, full of satisfying resolution, while also leaving enough destruction in its wake that there will be plenty of mess to deal with in October.

In short, everything that Lost wasn't. Smile
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke Pyzik wrote:
Dude - just wait till the fouth (I think) episode - the one that focuses on mysterious John Locke.

The kung fu nutgrip will be unavoidable.

Oh, how right you are - although I managed to figure it out from the clues before the big reveal. It's still a pretty good twist though. And what the FUCK did he run into out in the jungle that was 10 feet tall? (and more importantly, how did he get away?)

Which begs a new theory - Is this all some grand "Identity"-style delusion going on in Locke's head? My friends who have already seen the first season say that everyone has a big secret, but Locke's is pretty major, and he is already painted as someone who kind of lives in a fantasy world.

By the way, did anyone catch the scene where Locke's asshole supervisor asks him for his TPS reports? I love it! Office Space references are everywhere (even in Batman Begins - "didn't you get the memo?") Very Happy
Maegs
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure did.

Made me laugh (uh-lot.)

About 10 minutes later I was flipping through the channels and AMC was running Office Space.

-M

-V
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> TV Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: