Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lost
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't care about Sarah either. But I'm sure we'll see here at least once more so the people that do care get closure.

I don't think the girl in desmond's picture is the Italian girl. I would have remembered (She's that F-ing hot).

There are plenty of theories on the LOST boards that the bearded guy is one of the De Groots, who started the Dharma project. Plenty of theories, but not one shred of proof other than they both had beards.

When he started giving his little speech about "do you go into a man's house and put your feet on his coffee table" I wanted Jack or Sawyer to scream. "Look, we were in a fucking PLANE CRASH you dick. We're out here struggling to survive. What the fuck, do you want us to politely knock on the next hatch we find? And why the fuck do you keep stealing all of our children? Are you pedophiles? WHAT IS THE FUCKING DEAL!"

But of course they didnt. Confused
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2mckay wrote:
Yeah, I don't care about Sarah either. But I'm sure we'll see here at least once more so the people that do care get closure.

I don't think the girl in desmond's picture is the Italian girl. I would have remembered (She's that F-ing hot).

There are plenty of theories on the LOST boards that the bearded guy is one of the De Groots, who started the Dharma project. Plenty of theories, but not one shred of proof other than they both had beards.

When he started giving his little speech about "do you go into a man's house and put your feet on his coffee table" I wanted Jack or Sawyer to scream. "Look, we were in a fucking PLANE CRASH you dick. We're out here struggling to survive. What the fuck, do you want us to politely knock on the next hatch we find? And why the fuck do you keep stealing all of our children? Are you pedophiles? WHAT IS THE FUCKING DEAL!"

But of course they didnt. Confused

My thoughts to the letter on all points. But you know what, I liked Jack's "Fuck you I don't believe you, so why don't I shoot your dirty ass" just as much (paraphrased of course). Because guess what? No answer would have been good enough for the asshole- there's no reasoning or rationalization there-nobody's home. So for Jack to skip the justification and go for the throat by calling his bluff, results aside, that was one of the most pleasurable moments of the show for me. Shame it didn't work out. But hey we get to train an army now...
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelle Rodriguez is supposedly getting the boot for being a bitch on the set.

Hey, I just said she was hot. I never said she wasn't a bitch. Very Happy

Of course, the debate over the value she adds to the show has raged since she joined the cast, so this could just be more hype-generating propaganda leaked by the show's producers.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night's ep was awesome, next week looks awesome too. It's a good time to be alive!
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great fucking ep... Noel..ur.. I mean Charlie's just getting farther and farther out there... Honestly it hurts to know that at this point, he's going pure pariah. There'll be no coming back from this, because we all know Sawyer's just going to use that knowledge for ammo later down the line. Not that he don't have plenty of ammo right now...

And wow, I was almost convinced somewhere in the ep we were gonna have Kate and Sawyer hook up in the tent. Guess that's got the kibosh put on it now, leaving a nice triangle for Jack, Kate, and the perpetual pouter.

Wow. Listen to me. I think I'm a step away from gay here. If I was talking about Desperate Housewives like this, I'd definitely have to turn in my hetero card.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When they start having LOST conventions, we'll know that this show has reached official obsessive geek magnet proportions.

I do fucking love it, though.
sporkgirl
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe they already had at least one.
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not as bad as my wife. She keeps a Lost journal.

That's dedication.
sporkgirl
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i feel like yesterday was a rerun without being a rerun. "sayid feels bad about being a torturer" - uhm, i already saw that one." and subplot: "sawyer wanders around the jungle after an animal that annoys him." - i already saw that one too.

"remember guys - sawyer is a bastid!" - that was on last week, dude.

i don't buy hurley hiding food. it completely negates the entire episode where he gave it all away.

i don't buy sawyer killing the frog - it completely negates the boar-chasing episode. i also don't buy him leaving his tent area after re-establishing his property claims last week.

i don't buy rousseau looking for help after her discovery of a dude in a tree - why would she need anyone to help her there?

i feel like they hired all new writers who didn't watch last season.
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Jeph Loeb's hand heavily in that ep- same thing he does with Superman and Batman- take elements he really likes of both characters and then do them to death, bringing back unecessary elements many often times. It wasn't a bad ep, but yes, nothing new to any longtime viewer- excellent assessment Sporker.

At least we got the tie-in between Sayid and Kate.

And hey! Clancy Brown! Always a welcome addition to any project.

Now the question will be if there is anything to really be learned from this Other, or if its simply going to be the lynchpin that sparks the war by causing Other reprisals for harming one of theirs.

And where's Mike and Walt????
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck all that. What is up with the heiropglyphics on the clock? That was some weird shit. However, I still think the whole thing is one big skinner box, because Dharma loves to fuck with people in the name of science.
Paulapalooza
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="sporkgirl"]i feel like yesterday was a rerun without being a rerun. "sayid feels bad about being a torturer" - uhm, i already saw that one." and subplot: "sawyer wanders around the jungle after an animal that annoys him." - i already saw that one too.

I think this was the point of the episode in many ways, particularly with Sawyer. These characters have struggled with their darker aspects and had been on the verge of conquering them. Now, with all the shit that's happened, they're reverting and embracing that part of their nature. I agree that it at least seems redundant, but hopefully those beats will pay off later down the line. And never underestimate the viewing audience's need to be reminded of even the most inane detail.

One of the more intriguing aspects of the show is the occasional mentioning of "good people" or "he wasn't a good person." Who makes that call, and what happens to someone if they're deemed "bad"?

I think the next episode is (finally) the second Claire flashback, and unlike a lot of the flashbacks it promises to add actual meat to the story. Other than the new characters (Abby, the clinical psychologist, is widely believed to be a Dharma plant...the DeGroots were clinical psychologists, remember?), I think the last big question is how the hell did Locke get into the wheelchair? Sadly, David Fury is writing for 24 and won't get to write that script.

OG-P

-THE DUDE
MrTinkles
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kand El wrote:

We did?! What is it?
Paulapalooza
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrTinkles wrote:
Kand El wrote:

We did?! What is it?

When the army drops Sayid off in the desert, the compassionate officer who first interrogated him is seen looking at a picture of his teenage daughter. It's Kate.

-THE DUDE
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No new episodes now until the 22nd? Jesus christ, these guys take more breaks than a CalTrans crew. This is the last season I watch it live. I'm waiting for the DVD's next season. Enough of the blue balling and extended breaks already! Mad
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So no one's discussing tonight's episode yet?

Please make sure there are some spoilers forthcoming if you're not caught up.

I'll wait - but I have my own theory on tonight that has more to do with reality first and the show second. Wink. Wink
Luke Pyzik
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erik The Movieman wrote:

I'll wait - but I have my own theory on tonight that has more to do with reality first and the show second. Wink. Wink

HAHA! Totally. I have a feeling Mr. Lindelof may be a member of MADD. If there was any doubt as to why what went down went down, the episode was titled "Two For the Road"

Hilarious.
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So anyway - here's my theory...

(SPOILERS)

(SPOILERS)

(SPOILERS)

(SPOILERS)

(SPOILERS)

(SPOILERS)

(SPOILERS)

So Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros (aka the drunk driving twins) were killed off on Lost tonight. No doubt the speculation will be that their drunk driving incident prompted the writers to kill off their characters and do in such dramatic fashion - within seconds of each other getting shot. But I have come to offer another theory...

...Rodriguez and Watros either found out about or had just filmed the episode of their demise several months ago - and either in distress or as a final farewell to each other and the show went out and got drunk together. Then they got arrested and the rest is history.

Either way - kudos to Lost for such a ballsy move!
Luke Pyzik
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I necessarily believe anything that these guys say, but here's how and why it went down straight from Lindelof and Cuse. Take it for what it's worth:

http://community.tvguide.com/forum.jspa?forumID=700000049
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm a nomadic sprit..." ah fuck her. Honestly, every time I get close to liking her I hear somesuch ridiculous artiste attitude or diva-like idiocy from her. Good riddance. Enjoy your next shitty film where you realize you just pissed away the best thing you've been a part of.

It was a good arc while it lasted, but really- Sawyer's not gonna notice the lack of a gun in his pants (heh) till much later and as a con man, he really would be taken aback by a change in AL's tactics?

Not buying that any more than I bought Michael being on the level the ep before this one.
the Grinch
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILERS!

"Why Did Lost Kill Ana Lucia? Lindelof/Cuse Tell All!"

Because she was an obnoxious, unsympathetic character, just like Michelle Rodriguez. No article needed. I didn't catch the 'Two for the Road' thing, that's a riot!

/SPOILERS!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
the Grinch
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILERS!

"Why Did Lost Kill Ana Lucia? Lindelof/Cuse Tell All!"

Because she was an obnoxious, unsympathetic character, just like Michelle Rodriguez. No article needed. I didn't catch the 'Two for the Road' thing, that's a riot!

/SPOILERS![/b]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOST Video Game announced:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/709/709563p1.html

As if this show didn't provide enough time-suckage on it's own. Let's just hope you won't have to wait 2 or 3 weeks in between levels
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll still watch - but I may wait for S3 on DVD so I don't have to put up with all the annoying breaks. If I can avoid all the spoilers from fucking fanboys in the meantime, that is.
Ryan_A
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe during the network upfronts the producers said something about splitting the season: eight or nine episodes, uninterrupted, with a largely self-contained storyline. Off for 6-8 weeks with some other show in the timeslot, then back for 13-14 straight weeks, uninterrupted.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> TV Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: