Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Most @$%& frustrating Video Games EVER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> Video Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Most @$%& frustrating Video Games EVER Reply with quote

My picks, off the top of my head:

Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime Echoes - Oh, the games are lovely to look at for sure - but the endless backtracking across the same levels, the endless enemy respawns of the EXACT same enemies every fucking time, the ridiculously hard boss battles, and the shitty control scheme (Try strafing and aiming at the same time without getting hand cramps from having to hold down so many goddamn buttons) make these games a huge chore. I finished the first one by some miracle, but gave up on the second one after actually reaching the final boss because I decided I'd rather enjoy my weekend than spend it being pissed off at that stupid game.

Gun Valkyrie - it's not too unbearably bad until you get to the final bosses - then you have to go thorugh THREE boss stages without a single goddamn checkpoint. I became so obsessed with showing this fucking game who was boss that I beat it TWICE. I doubt I could even come close these days.

Prince of Persia 2. I literally lasted five minutes in this one. That's as far as I got. I had to take on some boss within the first five minutes and she whooped my ass over and over again. I thought "If the game's this fucking hard in the first level, how unbearably, insanely difficult will the rest of it be?" PASS.

Serious Sam - This one pissed me off SOOO badly that I threw a new optical mouse against a wall hard enough to break it open. 'Nuff said, moving right along.

Terminator 3 - The Redemption - fun the first few levels, then gets really REALLY fucking hard, and of course with no checkpoints. Then, not so fun.

I'm sure I could come up with more if I thought about it long enough, and of course just about every game has one part or another where it gets really tough and you think you won't get past it - but then you usually do and it's not so bad after that. But these games were just a BITCH.
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll reprint my Predator gripes here for the sake of topic participation:

Predator: Concrete Jungle as it has proved itself 2005's MOST FRUSTRATING GAME due to a terminally idiotic lack of saving opportunities, requiring one to play out the entire scenario from start to finish flawlessly, or, failing that, having to start from the very beginning over and over and over and over again.

Honestly, the gameplay, fighting, Predator abilities, environment- they are all top notch, but as the level difficulty increases, having to start from point A again and again to get to point B without even the slightest break in terms of a middle ground makes my teeth grind. Its no longer fun. Its a chore, and I'm pissed off, as I'd quit the game if not for the promise of battling xenomorphs (from the Alien films for the great illiterati) a few levels from now, a bonus surprise I did not see when I picked up the game.

I hate it when games lack a omniversal save option, or at least a middle ground saving checkpoint- its not the difficulty of the level that's killing me, its the irksome nature of repeating the easier parts to get to the good stuff, and having to do it all in a specific formula with no variation- its a game-killer, a bore, and I despite really enjoying many of the game dynamics, this one's getting dangerously close to trade-in material, particularly with all the more competent games on my plate now.
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralf get back in whatever hole you crawled out of and stop clogging up our boards with you pathetic shill crap. Honestly. "Can I have more info on the matter?" What possibly makes you think this is going to get anyone to click your obvious ads? Stop breathing my air asshole.
the Grinch
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most FPS where you're using a controller. Time Splitters certainly gets annoying.

That fucking ET Atari game that you couldn't give away in the 80's was pretty damned frustrating.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alex Paquin
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Zelda 2 for the old NES, a game so tough that you had to be placed in a museum if you ever beat it.
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was that, Mayori Mask? I moved out of my brother's place before really getting into that one, but man o man, Ocarina of Time is still my hands down favorite third person adventure platform ever- so damn immersive and detailed for its time- I so wish they would port that one over to X-box just so I could play it again without having to go GameCube or buy an old N64.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> Video Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: