Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This week's 24 - **SPOILERS**

View previous topic :: View next topic  
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: This week's 24 - **SPOILERS** Reply with quote

Edgar's dead, Edgar's dead, woo-hoo! Very Happy

God please let Chloe be next.

They paired Kim up with C Thomas Howell??? Jesus. That's kinda creepy.
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mushmouth bites the dust. I was kinda left speechless by that ending though.

I don't think anyone can say that 24 isn't having their best season by far. Tight, exciting and very little padding (other than the druggie sister bit.)

As for C. Thomas Howell? Yeah, Kim deserves better. Like me.

Maybe the casting people are just having fun this season. They've already got a Lost Boy and have since added a Goonie, an Outsider and Robocop. Who from the 80s will be next?
MrTinkles
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erik The Movieman wrote:
I don't think anyone can say that 24 isn't having their best season by far. Tight, exciting and very little padding (other than the druggie sister bit.)

And even the druggie sister turned out to be part of the main story, with the bad guys using her and her boyfriend to get the Hobbit's keycard. (Which is pretty elaborate, by the way.... They'd have to have set that in motion at least the day before, finding the boyfriend, offering him money to get the keycard, etc.... How did they know they'd be making an attack on CTU from the inside? Wasn't their plan to take all the nerve gas outside of the country? Wasn't using it on American soil the backup plan? Anyway....)

I love this show more and more every week. I love Edgar and Chloe, so it's sad that he died, but it's awesome that he died in such a creepy way.
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's what I meant by padding. The coincidence is just too much a leap of faith. I don't think it was part of a plan at all - if it was these high-tech terrorists probably wouldn't have relied on the off-chance that a drug addict would be able to get a CTU key card. Then again, maybe it was - fuckin' Julian SANDS is in charge.

24 could continue to surprise next week if Lynn isn't the one who makes "the ultimate sacrifice."
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too enjoy the show a lot, but I have to say, this season is pissing me off. The bottom line is, only a few hours ago, these guys were supposed to be taking their nerve gas offshore.

Now, quick change of plans, not only do they have schematics of every building they want, even CTU, but they find the junkie sister of the guy who has only been running CTU for about two hours, arrange a mugging, steal his keycard, get CTU building plans, and then have the high tech machinery waiting to reprogram his card?

I understand the limitations of the format, and that you have to keep things moving and give the folks at home a big plot twist every week, but my suspension of disbelief quota is just about up on this season.

Oh, one other thing - why is it that every AC system in Los Angeles seems to have intake fans bringing in air from within sealed rooms, rather than, oh, let's say the ROOF? Seriously, a windowless room with one door, and that's where CTU draws it's air conditioning from? And the hospital gets its air from the basement? Wha?

This show is starting to take the piss.
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been taking the piss for a while (at least 2 seasons), if you ask me. I just watch it to watch Bauer fuck with people (Shooting Peter Weller's wife in the leg = CLASSIC Very Happy ). But all the CTU backbiting and impossible techno bullshit have really run their course.

Oh, and not only is it funny how, as you pointed out, the terrorists were able to switch gears and make all this happen in a matter of hours, but I love how Tony has gone from "Critical and in a coma" to "Up and walking around" in a matter of hours. Please!
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony has already been established as a medical marvel in the series. Remember in Season Three when he got SHOT IN THE NECK!?

He was up and about in like 6 hours.

Is it not possible that the terrorists just seized upon an opportunity? We can suspend disbelief that they already have the equipment. They WERE in cahoots with our government after all, not to mention a former head of CTU in Weller.

Seasons 3 & 4 there was piss all over the place. But I refuse to take a crap on this year's season for giving us precisely what we want - NON-STOP ACTION!
MrTinkles
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I just remembered my favorite part from this week: After Jack shoots the woman in the leg, he calls for an ambulance and says, "Miriam Henderson has been shot" -- you know, like he didn't know who shot her. It was like when your kid comes in the room after breaking something and says, "There's been an accident." It made me laugh.
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. And I'm picturing some nameless dispatch person at 911 saying to herself, "Miriam who? Like I'm supposed to know who the fuck Miriam Henderson is. 'Oh Miriam Henderson! The white woman, right? Sure, I'll have someone right out.' Bit more information wouldn't go astray, mook."
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I'm almost at the point of stopping watching 24 right about now. Last week's episode was just stupid to a mind-numbing extent.

Explain the following to me:

1) The CTU computers can't be used to turn off the air conditioning, because another program is open on another computer in the next room. They can use their computers to read my fucking license plate from space, cut into the security systems in a building across town, hack into the boss' account and prevent a terrorist attack anywhere in town, but they can't use them to hit alt-F4 on the next workstation.

2) What's with the computer program that measures the corrosion rate on the rubber seals of the emergency doors? I mean, first off, who would even bother making such a program and making it memory-resident on every computer in the place, second of all, how would a computer program even measure the corrosion rate of rubber on a door? It's just infantile to imagine such a thing would exist.

3) What's with every single room in CTU being unsealed except the four where major characters are sitting? I mean, okay, I can see the situation room and director's office being sealed, but 'holding room 4' as well? I guess if you're in holding room 3, you're fuck out of luck.

4) It's nerve gas, and it kills you within seconds, but apparently Jack figured out the secret cure to nerve gas... holding your breath for 23 seconds. Puh-leeze!

5) Even if you COULD keep nerve gas at bay by holding your breath, which gives Jack a chance to go out in the infected rooms and mess with computers and walls, why would you then come back to the sealed room instead of just LEAVING THE FUCKING BUILDING!? In fact, why didn't they ALL just hold their breath and leave the fucking building?

6) Can a single hour go by without the President AGAIN making a stupid decision based on the worst possible opinion? "Hey honey, I know you've been right six times so far today on major national security issues, but I'm going to have to ignore you again and go with the warmonger who wants us to all wear swastikas and eat puppies."

It seems like every week it just gets more and more stupid, to the point where Gillian has officially decided she has better things to do than watch it, and I'm not far behind.

Man, I used to LOVE this show, but seriously, it's looking more and more like CSI Miami these days, and I can't donate an hour of every week to Horatio-like hystrionics and.technology so impossible that it sucks me out of the storyline five times every ten minutes.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> TV Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: