Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's Time for Thief

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maegs
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: It's Time for Thief Reply with quote

Oh yes... Frank Pembleton is BACK (kind of.)

I can't believe we haven't started discussing this upcoming TV show. F/X will premiere Thief in March. Thief stars Andre Braugher, your favorite Baltimore detective. Linda Hamilton, Ann Veal, I mean Mae Whitman, great cast, good premise. They were set to film in New Orleans around the time that the hurricanes hit so they've had to relocate to Shreveport. I believe that the original premiere was schedule for January and because of the new locations, the date has been moved to March.

I know I sound like a shill, but this should be good.

-M

-V
Paulapalooza
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually brought this up in another thread back in November. I've read a couple of scripts and was able to visit the set one day, and, yes, all indications are that the six episodes will be more than well worth watching.

Some elements of the pilot had to be re-shot to allow for minor story changes and for the inevitable location changes that come with moving the city of production, but it seems they told precisely the story they started out to tell. I don't know if a January premiere was always in the cards, as it makes perfect sense to pair it up with the last half of The Shield s.5

An excellent overall cast, too. But Braugher is so much the man. So intense, but such a well-mannered and funny guy, as well.

OG Paul

-THE DUDE
natasha_theobald
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was coming out last year when they first announced it. I'm so glad it is finally here! Maybe I should rent some Homicide to get ready.
Maegs
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Media Play is closing down and they had all the Homicide seasons for 40% off. Unfortunately, $50 is still too rich for my blood, especially when I have 6 seasons to buy.

-M

-V
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw some previews for it on the season premiere of The Shield. Show looks pretty damn good. I'm in.
Slyder
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maegs wrote:
Media Play is closing down and they had all the Homicide seasons for 40% off. Unfortunately, $50 is still too rich for my blood, especially when I have 6 seasons to buy.

-M

Just went by Mediaplay and yeah, they're closing down, NATIONWIDE. It's been going on since monday. Fuck man, why is it that I'm the last one to know?

They're now selling from 40% all the way to 80% discounts. Managed to get Sideways, which was $27.99, for $8.99, but I lost most of the good stuff for finding out late.

pfft. Oh, and a Mediaplay guy tells me that SamGoody are also on the line and if they don't play their cards well, they can also end up going bust.

Thanks to the new technological revolution of the MP3's and downloads, according to one employee there.

You can tell me that I've got no class, look around you and see who's laughing last - Rush
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, it's been going on since before Christmas. Now I just wish we had any of them in the bay area so I could take advantage of all the wonderful SAVINGS!
Maegs
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thief bows Tuesday on FX.

Andre Braugher was on Fresh Air today.

-M

-V
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone see it yet? I got it on TIVO but probably won't have time to look at it until the weekend. Anyone have a quick and spoiler-free critique?
Slyder
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting pilot, although I think my expectations were a bit high for it.

Personally, I think it could've used another hour since there was still plenty of stuff to go around that ultimately didn't get the treatment it deserved or left it with wide open loose ends.

A bit laid-back but otherwise interesting beginning. We'll see in the 2nd episode how it ends up unfolding, I usually give it 3-4 episodes to finally judge if it's worth it or not.

You can tell me that I've got no class, look around you and see who's laughing last - Rush
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally saw it last night - not bad. Braugher is excellent as always. I'm definitely into it enough to keep watching.
natasha_theobald
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we loving this? I can't decide. I watched the first ep and was interested for more. However, I have two eps sitting on TiVo, waiting to be watched, and I just -- haven't.

Then I made the mistake of renting discs from seasons of Homicide. Frank Pembleton is not easy to displace, even if I love Andre Braugher enough to want to see more of him.
JaySeaver
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kind of wondering if this six-episode series could have worked better as a movie. Each episode doesn't really have its own story, but it seems to be almost a little too steady for something that's going to be over some time in May - for all the characters it has, there doesn't seem to be enough happening.
Slyder
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly, after a bit of a slow start, this show is really starting to become interesting. I didn't follow too much of the show until the last two episodes, and I've got the "hooked" feeling already.

Michael Rooker, who's probably the most if not one of the most underrated actors out there kicks ass. Too bad he's only a guest star which means he won't last long. Also really great stuff from Braugher and that little gal who plays his spoiled brat daughter.

y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, the last five minutes of this show last night were intense. I'm really getting into this show now. Too bad this season only has 2 more eps.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> TV Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: