Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blade: The Series

View previous topic :: View next topic  
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Blade: The Series Reply with quote

Anyone else checked this out yet? So far, for what is essentially a low budget cable show, it seems to be holding it's own. The story is pretty decent, and I like "Sticky Fingaz" as the suckhead slayer (although someone had the good sense to talk him into using Kirk "Sticky" Jones for the credits). He's no martial artist like Snipes is, but he seems to wear the mantle comfortably enough. The supporting actors/characters are also pretty decent. I like the dynamic he has with his new sidekick, Shen, and Krista's story is pretty intriguing so far (plus she's hot as hell, which makes it much easier to keep watching). The action is doled out kind of sparingly due to budgetary concerns, but it has been consistently fun so far (last night showed a vampire being decapitated with the sharp edge of a metal road sign - good times!)

It's no Blade . . . but it's no Blade: Trinity, either Smile
natasha_theobald
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna give it a second chance, since I usually agree with you. I didn't have the patience to make it through the pilot, but maybe I will like it better once everything is set up. Then, they can just get on with it. I did like Sticky, though the hot girl didn't do as much for me as she did for you.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw the season finale' last night. This has quickly become one of my favorite shows. The plot has become far more intriguing and well-written than I would have expected, and they manage to deliver consistently entertaining action scenes every week despite the limited cable-TV budget. Check it on DVD soon, bitches! (Or wait for Spike to run another Blade marathon).
the Grinch
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Alan Goyer is on board as a writer, so it's holding its own quite well. I only see it getting better, depending of course on ratings and subsequent budget allocations.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show's cancelled - once again an impatient network pulls the plug on a good series that isn't an instant cashbox. Fuck. anyway, check it on DVD when it comes out, still worth seeing. Maybe a channel that can afford to keep shows on the air for more than a season will pick it up.
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never got into it myself McKay, but aside from the first film, which I found truly entertaining in all the right ways, I'm just not so much into the character on film. The one we see is actually a fusion of Hannibal King (it was Hannibal that actually was bitten and retained the daywalker abilities)and the original Blade actually (who sported wooden knives, night vision goggles and whose mother was killed by a vampire, but without passing vampric traits to her son), who was a blacksploitation character in Tomb Of Dracula back in the day and looked a helluva lot different than the current incarnation.

But never fear, Spike has already greenlighted another sure to fail Marvel series- and this one won't even have a movie or two backing it up for recognition- Moon Knight- not only a C-grade hero that hardly anyone outside of comic fans have knowledge of, but decked out head to toe in white no less, a transition that's sure to miss on TV.

Ugh. Poor guy doesn't have a chance.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> TV Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: