Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dollhouse...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mseaver
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Dollhouse... Reply with quote

It's not very good. There's no question about that.

But I can't stop watching.

The promise of the premise is the only thing that holds the show together. Something has to, because Eliza Dushku sure as hell doesn't. I do appreciate that each week, she's basically getting to play some form of Faith from Buffy. It's what she's good at, and stretching her range isn't going particularly well thus far. I've heard it gets to not-sucky territory around episode six, which would make sense... at that point, Echo will have maybe have pieced together some semblance of a consistent personality for her neutral state, which I think is the main problem. There's really no way to connect to who this person really is, because she really is nothing.

They hit a really good rhythm in the 2nd episode, where Echo basically got hunted by a psychopathic outdoorsman. Nice action, good character to relate to, decent suspense... they haven't done it that well since.

And as much as I hate to say it, I don't give a damn about Tahmon Penikett's character. I just don't.

Anyone else still watching?`
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched about an episode and a half. Ultra-lame.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> TV Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: