Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Haven, The: Weinberg -- you almost had me in tears, damn you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack Sommersby
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 3:13 pm    Post subject: Weinberg -- you almost had me in tears, damn you!!!!! Reply with quote

Was very touched by this piece, bud. Found the review of the film itself invaluable, but was also moved by the degree of care the writer obviously had for the project, and him giving you a hug afterward was simply priceless. Of course, you had me laughing out loud at the beginning of the review with the folllowing, which pretty much describes all of us here, does it not?

--"when a friendly-looking fellow approached me and asked me to watch a movie. Now, anyone who knows me knows that this is a GREAT way to become friends with me" --

Here, here!!!!!!
TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thanks!

Keep an eye out for this flick.
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny, but most people assume that the celebrity parties are the best thing about Sundance. I can honestly say that they're not (though they do rule), the best part of the festival is that you're watching a movie that someone sweated blood over and you get to tell them afterwards not only whether you dug it or not, but how they might be able to improve it or not... and they listen. And they appreciate. And sometimes you see them a day later and they tell you that the film sold and they could just vomit right there, they're so happy.

Martin Lawrence wouldn't know this kind of connection between filmmaker, film fan and film journalist if he was held down and forced to eat a video copy of Suture.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: