Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

U.S. networks unite against FCC indecency rulings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex Paquin
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: U.S. networks unite against FCC indecency rulings Reply with quote

From the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation:

http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2006/04/14/networks-fcc.html

Dear FCC, Go fuck yourself. Thank you. Signed: A dissatisfied customer.
Slyder
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to wonder, are the "5-second delays" any good at all?

I've heard so much about the whole thing about the networks in order to regulate and prevent possible expletives and beep them out during live broadcasts. So far, I don't think any of that has been happening, which is strange since it sounds like a good idea, or is it?

Don't know if any of you watch NASCAR but last year during the 2nd race at New Hampshire Robby Gordon was wrecked by Michael Waltrip during a caution flag; Gordon was ballistic during the interview afterwards and called Waltrip a "piece of shit" on LIVE television. Gordon was fined of course by NASCAR, but TNT/NBC were severely criticized and many questioned why hadn't they implemented the "5-second delay" in order to prevent situations like this from happening.

Now the networks are rallying against the FCC for their new rulings (and hopefully against that new Communications Decency Act in congress), which is fine by me, but still, they got to find a solution for these spontaneous things somehow.

Who knows how they're going to do it.

You can tell me that I've got no class, look around you and see who's laughing last - Rush
JaySeaver
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slyder wrote:
Now the networks are rallying against the FCC for their new rulings (and hopefully against that new Communications Decency Act in congress), which is fine by me, but still, they got to find a solution for these spontaneous things somehow.

I'm in favor of the "telling the FCC to pound salt" solution, myself. Followed by making a big stink of it during the next election.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> TV Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: