Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The New Season of Saturday Night Live

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CharlesTatum

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: The New Season of Saturday Night Live Reply with quote

I watched the Dane Cook opener, and was unimpressed. Then I watched Saturday's Jaime Pressly effort and was mortified. I know the show hits a major speedbump every time there is a cast shake-up (although thank God someone got rid of Horatio "I'm about to giggle again" Sanz), but the only person getting any laughs was Pressly. "NASCARettes" was a good idea that got old quick. The "New York City Stories" vignettes were hilarious. Hammond was funny as Hastert explaining away Foleygate. But, Charo and Peter O'Toole impressions during Weekend Update? Did someone find some sketch ideas in one of John Belushi's old costumes? And if I never see another "Big Wigs" or "Jon Bovi" sketch again, it will be too soon...aaaand end rant.

Sad
David Cornelius
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaand no end rant. If things stay this bad, this'll be a year of 1980-81 or 1994-95 proportions. Ouch.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gawd, that one with John C Reilly was fucking AWFUL. I couldn't even make it to weekend update.
David Cornelius
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did enjoy the monologue... in which an old cast member and a funny host came out to do stuff without anybody actually involved with the show.
the Grinch
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't watched it in 2 - 3 years. Seems like the funniest castmembers are forced to the back. In the prime SNL years, the talent was supreme on stage and in the writing room. Not so much anymore, although the guys they got off of Channel101 are quite good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CharlesTatum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought the Alec Baldwin episode was a vast improvement, great idea to bring in Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Paul McCartney to acknowledge the show's funnier past. We'll see what happens next.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> TV Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: