Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

American Gothic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MP Bartley
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: American Gothic Reply with quote

Was thinking about making a thread about this once someone mentioned Gary Cole in another topic, as well as inspiring my new avatar.

So, cool show or what? Tragically cut short in its prime leaving so many unanswered questions. After all, there's someone at the door...
JaySeaver
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely cool. Gary Cole's never been better, Chris Black was an amazing find for a child actor who had to carry a lot of this show on his shoulders, and most of the shows were genuinely creepy. It had the unfortunate network-mandated change to a more conventional leading man toward the middle, but otherwise was pretty darn solid.

And, hey, Sarah Paulson's first show. She's almost criminally under-appreciated.

(Makes note to check and see if that copy of the series is still on the shelves at the Tower Records Yard Sale).
MP Bartley
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be an annoying pedant but the kid was Lucas Black Wink . Although, that did lead to irritating confusions with Lucas Buck.

Glad to see another fan on here Jay, and I agree with you that the only vaguely sucky part was writing out the much more flawed (i.e. interesting) Dr. Crower, for the much more hunky (i.e. dull) Dr. Peele.

Quote:
(Makes note to check and see if that copy of the series is still on the shelves at the Tower Records Yard Sale).

If you do, double check the episode order is the correct one. The dvd I've got has the episodes listed incorrectly, meaning a lot of internet research to find the correct running order.
JaySeaver
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaah, I knew that. I remember really being impressed by that kid, and was half-tempted to see Tokyo Drift in order to see how he grew up.

And, yeah, the episodes are apparently on the DVDs in airdate order, but it's not like Universal's going to put out a new set unless they decide to go Raimi-crazy to try and leech off Spider-Man (not that I'd mind HD-DVD versions of this, Darkman, and For Love of the Game at all...).
MP Bartley
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was genuinely outstanding for a child actor, considering how complex the show was. He was in Jarhead too wasn't he?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> TV Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: