Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To those who have seen the Galactica Season 3 finale . . .

View previous topic :: View next topic  
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: To those who have seen the Galactica Season 3 finale . . . Reply with quote

Okay, what the fuck is going on here? Are the Four really cylons, or not (I'm inclined to think not, no matter what they think). Is Starbuck alive or not? Cylon or not? A figment of Apollo's lovesick imagination or not? What is up with the watchtower song and why would it be used as a cylon activation mechanism (if that's what it is)?

and the biggest question of all:

Why do I have to wait ten fucking months to get some answers?! Mad
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: To those who have seen the Galactica Season 3 finale . . Reply with quote

y2mckay wrote:
and the biggest question of all:
Why do I have to wait ten fucking months to get some answers?! Mad

As a Studio 60 fan... STFU and count yourself lucky.
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the four really are cylons. Think about it: you've got the second in command to the admiral and personal assistant to the president, head mechanic guy and former leader of the resistence. They are all deep into the framework of Galactica and taking care of the needs and desires of the human race.

Either Starbuck is alive (my hunch), or Lee is dead now, too. We don't know who the fifth is, but I hope it isn't Starbuck. I think the relationship between Starbuck and Adama sort of sets it up for them to come together to lead things, especially after his stirring speech on the witness stand and proven integrity within that whole mess.

The song - I don't know. I didn't rewatch looking for symbolism, because I wanted to just experience it and wait. I will watch it again closer to the time for it to come back.

And, I did read that, though the series won't be back until next January, there is set to be a movie sometime in the fall to bridge the gap between this season and next.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on the movie - it will be mostly about the Pegasus and what happened to them after the attack, but it will also have the Galactica regulars in it and I believe the Pegasus scenes will be told in flashback. Sounds cool.

And more good news - the next season got bumped from 12 to 24 eps.

But still . . . 2008? goddamn Sad
Luke Pyzik
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron Moore clears up some post-finale confusion here:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07085/770732-352.stm

Some highlights in regards to your questions:
He confirms that the four are cylons, but he keeps saying they are "inherantly different" types of cylons than what we've seen before.

Also, though it doesn't mean she's alive or dead, the actress playing Starbuck will be back as a series regular next season.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> TV Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: