Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Movie Monologues.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CharlesTatum

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max von Sydow in a church unknowingly confessing his agnosticism to Death in "The Seventh Seal."
Boris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christopher Walken talking about his Dad in The Comfort Of Strangers.
SeveredAreolas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo's rant on (to) his parents in SLC Punk never gets any notice, and it is funny as hell.
Finger Jones
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marlon Brando's "pig fucker/dead wife speech" in "Last Tango in Paris" is the most heart felt and perfectly self-indulgent speech in his career. And it, ironically, inspires me to love my wife more.

Jack Nicholson's monologue to his father in "Five Easy Pieces" is often overshadowed by his desire "to hold the chicken" in a diner, but the speech is really the epitome of tenderness and it inspires me to love Jack Nicholson more.

Peter Falk's "coffee speech" in "Wings of Desire" is beautiful and it actually inspired me to start drinking the java.

Bill Murray's "It-just-doesn't-matter speech" in "Meatballs" is an one of Murray's most underrated ad-libs, and it inspires me to destroy those punks from Camp Mohawk in an egg race.
Jack Sommersby
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finger Jones wrote:
Bill Murray's "It-just-doesn't-matter speech" in "Meatballs" is an one of Murray's most underrated ad-libs, and it inspires me to destroy those punks from Camp Mohawk in an egg race.

I just got through re-watching that film about twenty minutes ago, coincidentally enough, and totally agree -- it's a bravado delivery that reminds, in case one would be stupid enough to deny, what a classic creator Murray is.
the Grinch
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"This was the biggest forest in the history of the world...dinosaurs. Then it all died, rotted, turned into oil, and now...we're here. It's basically we're fighting to see who gets to desecrate the cemetery. Who gets the oil. No wonder there's always been so much bad blood, it's always been lousy Karma to be a grave robber." - Richard Roth, Live from Baghdad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> General Movie Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: