Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index Hollywood Bitchslap
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My new pal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> Off-Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: My new pal. Reply with quote

Since I don't do that faggoty blog shit, you apathetic e-strangers are the beneficiaries of the occassional personal stuff. So I adopted a dog the other day. His name is Mr. Merlin:

He's a Bulloxer- an American Bulldog/Boxer Mix- two of my favorite breeds. A very sweet guy who's friendly with everyone, and thank God, for a shelter dog he hasn't been abused or cross bred with a gorram pitbull (which is what just about every single damn mixed breed of dog has in it at the various NY Shelters- fuck you Michael Vick).

I wanted to re-name him Marv, but my wife immediately put the kibbosh on that as she knew exactly what I was referencing and didn't like it. But I don't mind. I like Mr. Merlin- it still appeals to my tastes.

Oh and just to head it off at the Goss, Mr. Merlin is the one on the right. I'm the one on the left.
natasha_theobald
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's sweet! How old is he?

Yay you, too, for giving a good dog who needs one a home. I grew up in a rural enough area that any dog that walked up the driveway and stayed became our dog. People would dump animals out by us all of the time, and one time my brother rescued a dog someone had tied to a post - not even giving him the chance to fend for himself.

And, never call us apathetic. Pathetic - maybe. Apathetic - never.
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to both of you! He's 2 years old- we couldn't get a puppy because that would mean one of us staying home for a bit, and neither has that luxury- this way he can deal with our work hours, and what truly made it possible was a friend whom we've hired to be our dog walker so Mr. Merlin can get some outside time in the middle of the day.
MP Bartley
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwwwwwwwwww. Good work mate - I'm a definite canine man myself.

btw - you know I said Vince Vaughan to you before? In that picture there's a definite Hank Azaria going on too Wink
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok you're dead to me now.
CharlesTatum

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, have a "Mr. Merlin"! I pet it often, and damned if it don't grown like magic!

Embarassed

Love the dog...

Very Happy
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

natasha_theobald wrote:

People would dump animals out by us all of the time, and one time my brother rescued a dog someone had tied to a post - not even giving him the chance to fend for himself..

Yeah, one of our choices was found wandering around a Kohls parking lot. Another was an absolutely beautiful mix of Staffordshire Terrier and Jindo - I really wanted him- turns out some fuck had abused the shit out of him so badly and kept him in the backyard tied up with electrical cord, that he needed about couple months more of socialization and would never be that great around kids, so we had to forget that one- lots of nervous dogs out there- never a good thing. Lots of repugnant, brutish humans out there-- even worse. Where's that planetkiller asteroid or super-virus already?

Another near-miss was Bogey, a Lab/Hound mix who looked adorable and had a batshit awesome name, but again, was ruined by a lowlife owner. Finding Mr. Merlin, a nice dog with a truly cool mix, was a rarity. We had a second runner up named Josie, but Amanda wasn't so keen on her as she was younger, and was a Staff/Boxer mix, and she didn't like the Staffordshire mix- its too Pitbullish for her, despite the fact that the dog was a wonderfully affectionate animal that had no worries around anyone. We're happy with our choice, and I can't wait to take him home in a little over a week- he's my dooooog!

And Charles, I have a similar pet. His name is Il Monstro. Laughing
natasha_theobald
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it breaks my heart to see those shows where someone has left a dog tied up, and the cord or rope has actually cut or grown into the skin. My hands are shaking just thinking about it to type it.

By the way, I see no Hank Azaria - just happy new dog owner! Can you go to walk him while you are waiting for him to come home?

One of my neighbors dog-sat a Bulldog named Gunner. He was just a pup, but he was ginormous. He would come at you to love you, and it was hard not to be just a wee bit intimidated. Do they expect Mr. Merlin to get any bigger? How much does he weigh?
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He weighs 55 pounds, but not likely to get much bigger due to the mix and his age. He's very docile but likes to walk and play, and even if he comes over to you, he's very sedate- he's not a nervous dog where you won't know what he's going to do from one second to the next.

We are visiting him this weekend on Sat and Sun and taking him out for a bit. I didn't want to bring him home last Sunday because we are going to South Carolina for 4 days next week (if I see Miss SC I'll give her a smack to the head for everyone-- either that or order up a roofie colada... ) and though my father in law is a dog owner and would love to take him, I didn't feel it was right as I want Mr. Merlin to get used to our home and his new schedule, and didn't want to disrupt that by leaving him somewhere else not two weeks into his new life- this way he can have some consistency, and we will be able to get him used to our home and schedule.

But enough about me- how 'bout all you other Bitchslappers pop up yer pets! Except you Charles. Except you.
natasha_theobald
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gunner hit 100 lbs. before the vet said "Whoa!" and took him off of puppy food.

Our dog is afraid of cameras, so I won't be posting any pics. That's just the start of her weird ways.
Rob Gonsalves
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a pet ostrich.

It sings.

- Iris Barry, Let's Go to the Movies, 1926
----------
Shoot him again. His soul is still dancing.
Ryan_A
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have thirteen cats, seven dogs, a rabbit and a fish, as well as a stray cat who's outside and still feral that we're trying to catch so she won't get squished by passing cars. Where should I start?

Did I mention that I'm allergic?
MP Bartley
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 guinea pig - named Homer.

He's mostly black, with patches of brown and white, and he's weally weally cute.

He likes eating paper and has a strange fascination with trying to hide uner the computer.

Equally strangely he gets very alarmed by the sound of jangling keys.
smrtpants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Which team is Harley on anyway? Reply with quote

also cats, but they're both black so they can be mistaken for just one...black cats with green eyes (are there any other kind.?.)

Last edited by smrtpants on Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are those Boxer/Staff and Shepard/Husky mixes? Pretty neat!
MP Bartley
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ok you're dead to me now

Ah, but when you see him in Run, Fatboy, Run's powder scene you won't be complaining... Wink
smrtpants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kand El wrote:
Are those Boxer/Staff and Shepard/Husky mixes? Pretty neat!

'The Boo' (brown) is lab/mastiff/rotti.

'Harley' (black) is a husky/wolf.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hollywood Bitchslap Forum Index -> Off-Topic Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: